Proper way to adjust graphical EQ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

06Titan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
There has to be a proper way to adjust a graphical equalizer...

I have a Kenwood DDX814, and it has more features that I don't know how to properly use. BTW, the manual doesn't say crap.

My question is, is there a proper way to adjust the 13 band EQ it has? How do I know what each adjustment means or changes? Any help would be appreciated.

nice link.

basically, you tune to compensate for the many variables in the installation and environment. the EQ provides boost or cut at frequency bands (groups of frequencies). i try to minimize EQ boost in order to prevent clipping. if you need to boost more than 6dB, the equipment or install is to blame.

Play with it till it sounds good. Sounds like a joke but really theres no other way to do it. It's completely personal whatever sounds best to you, and theres really no shortcuts it seems, least I haven't found any out there. Just gotta mess with it untill you find your fav eq.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.