Problem

Is It a pop or more like a Clack,clack, clack? That would be bottoming out. moving one cone only affects the other cone in a sealed compartment. Regarding the cone movement/interaction, I can't think of anything other than a leak that would cause what you are describing.

Sub #1 moves when you push sub #2 because moving a coil thru a magnetic field generates a current/voltage, which in turn causes the other cone to move. If the other sub moves when it's disconnected from the circuit, then your enclosure is leaking from one side to the other.

Sub #1 moves when you push sub #2 because moving a coil thru a magnetic field generates a current/voltage, which in turn causes the other cone to move. If the other sub moves when it's disconnected from the circuit, then your enclosure is leaking from one side to the other.
Oh, yeah, pull foot out...

Oh, yeah, pull foot out...
I thought this would be common knowledge on a car audio forum. It's Faraday's law and governs how speaker's work. If you apply voltage/current to the coil it moves within the magnetic field and if you move the coil within the magnetic field, you generate current/voltage. This is why speakers generate back EMF.

I thought this would be common knowledge on a car audio forum. It's Faraday's law and governs how speaker's work. If you apply voltage/current to the coil it moves within the magnetic field and if you move the coil within the magnetic field, you generate current/voltage. This is why speakers generate back EMF.
I'm sure it is well known, just at times, one just gets in lanes...

Back then I wanted to take advantage of this feature by connecting only one coil and using the other to power an LED lightstrip that would act as a voltage meter. I never did find such a strip and did not know how to make one. So the dream died.

My subwoofers pop when I reach a certain volume. No voltage drop not clipping. Also if I push one sub the other sub moves divided enclosure no leaks. Only does it when subs are hooked to amp.
Does this popping sound come at a certain decibel ? I agree on the other guy’s thread…they’re probably bottoming out…..question; are they in a sealed or ported enclosure? If ported, it may be that you have too big of port……and may I ask what amplifier you are using? I’m a retired installer, and now just help people with their problems….

Does this popping sound come at a certain decibel ? I agree on the other guy’s thread…they’re probably bottoming out…..question; are they in a sealed or ported enclosure? If ported, it may be that you have too big of port……and may I ask what amplifier you are using? I’m a retired installer, and now just help people with their problems….
It's not the port had box for 3 years does it no matter what amp I use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...