Problem With Voltmeter

well the only amp i have is for my door speakers no sub amp yet...which is why i got the thing in the first place is for the amp i will be getting....i think its random when it flashes...the voltage does not have to drop and it will flash...it still works its just the flashing is getting annoying.

well the only amp i have is for my door speakers no sub amp yet...which is why i got the thing in the first place is for the amp i will be getting....i think its random when it flashes...the voltage does not have to drop and it will flash...it still works its just the flashing is getting annoying.
like i said, the only thing i can think of is a wire loose in it. mine didnt flash with teh Warden.

I dont know why its flashing but you put the voltmeter there to see your voltage drop right ? Well how will the voltage drop on a battery that is constantly being charged ? Thats what i was suggesting, if you wanna know how low your voltage is getting at your amp, you need to wire it to your amp. I cant think of why its flashing unless a wire is loose on the actaul gauge. Is it flashing with the bass or just random.
man you're a ruhtard dude. In a parallel circuit the voltage stays the same throughout.(http://www.bcae1.com/srsparll.htm) He could connect the voltmeter anywhere and it wouldn't matter. You don't connect it at the amp. Also the battery isn't always charging. Under heavy loads it is discharging. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to electronics and you spread misinformation all over these boards. You're a worthless troll.

would there be anyway for me to fix it? dont know much about these little things...
First, try reconnecting it to the battery. Then short the remote lead and 12v lines together. The meter should come on. Does it flash? If so disconnect the power wire from your battery and redo the test you just did. If it still flashes, you might want to buy a new volt meter.

man you're a ruhtard dude. In a parallel circuit the voltage stays the same throughout. He could connect the voltmeter anywhere and it wouldn't matter. You don't connect it at the amp. Also the battery isn't always charging. Under heavy loads it is discharging. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to electronics and you spread misinformation all over these boards. You're a worthless troll.
Prove im wrong. If the battery is connected to the alt and the vehicle is running then the voltage at the battery WILL NOT be the same as the voltage at the amp. With my truck running at full tilt with the RD 3250 my batt would be around 13.5 and the amp would be at around 11.4 so show me how i am wrong.

Prove im wrong. If the battery is connected to the alt and the vehicle is running then the voltage at the battery WILL NOT be the same as the voltage at the amp. With my truck running at full tilt with the RD 3250 my batt would be around 13.5 and the amp would be at around 11.4 so show me how i am wrong.
I already did. Reference the quoted post for a link to how parallel circuits work.

I already did. Reference the quoted post for a link to how parallel circuits work.
I dont see anything in that link that applies to this situation with a charging source. Yes with just the amp hooked to the batt, you would be correct, but with a charging source running at the same time, it changes everything.

I dont see anything in that link that applies to this situation with a charging source. Yes with just the amp hooked to the batt, you would be correct, but with a charging source running at the same time, it changes everything.
Really? In what way does it change it? How is it in the slightest bit different?

did you calibrate your meter? the stinger volt meters need to be calibrated when you hook them up. so it may say 13.5 volts but really be over or under what it need to work correctly

not sure what the remote wire is going to sit on with the blazer off but it was at 10.96 are they only 12v? the amp was seeing 12.6-12.7 with the blazer off. i did not see it flash when it was at 10.9...hope this helps.

If you look around, these voltmeters just go out after a while man. They don't last very long, but they do the job well for cheap, so it sounds like it's just time for a new one man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.