Problem with Subwoofers. They hit much weaker than normal.

Komsan6063
10+ year member

Florida
So i have a DTS 1000.1 mono class D amplifier by RE audio. I also have 2 12 inch RE SE subwoofers. They were installed around thanksgiving 2012 and have been very good until now. A few days ago the subs just stopped hitting super hard like normal. I use a dial bass gain thing that next to the drivers seat. I never put it past 60% and i keep the volume at 32/40 on a typical honda civic head unit. The Subs and amp cant be blown because they still hit some what but it doesnt even compare to what it used to hit like. Im a car audio noob so i have no idea what the problem is and i cant fix it my self. I was wondering if anyone could assist me with what is wrong and how much it would cost to get fixed. Also if it is something incredible easy that doesnt require more than a screw driver id love to save the money! Thanks!

Try pushing down on the subs and if they move pretty freely, you might have popped the voice coil. Another option is to get a multimeter from Walmart for like 20 bucks and google how to check your subs with it

Check the coils for ohm load, and also, check your battery voltage out.I had a batt go bad and it did the same due to loss of power.But as stated, use a dmm and check the ohm loads on the coils,and post pics on here would be great as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.