problem with my sound system

I am having problems with my car sound system. It seems like a have a bunch of problems going with my system. 1st problem is that my sub amp seems to shut off once the bass starts to hit but the green power light just fades in and out and the protect light never comes on. i opened it up to see it if anything was burnt, but the only thing that i found wrong is that the internal ground from the PCB board to the chassis seems to have melted/ broken off. Idk if that has anything to do with the amp losing power. 2nd problem that i seem to have it that my speakers sound like **** when i try any source like the ipod radio or cd it sounds like when u have terrible radio reception. i have them amped to a 4 channel amp. its driving crazy that b4 i "supposedly" upgraded to a better system it now sounds like crap. Previous equipment was pioneer 3000ib head unit, blaunkput front speakers, polk rear speakers, performance teknique 2 channel amp, pair of kenwood 12 inch subs and cheap 4gauge amp kit. Current equipment installed now is an alpine cda 105 deck, 1/0 knuconceptz wire kit, pair of kicker cvr 12's in sealed box wired down to 1ohm, tsunami RCA cables, Rockford Fosgate r300-4 4 channel amp,Sundown audio sae 1200v.1 amp front speakers phoenix gold rsd component speakers , rear speakers rockford fosgate punch p1692 and rockford fosgate front fuse holder and distro block. So i have the 1/0 going from front battery to 175 amp fuse to distro block to 80 amp fuses n then going 4 gauge to sundown amp n 8 gauge to fosgate amp. rca's n remote wire i ran on passanger side n drivers side i ran the power wire. and all new 18 gauge speakers wire from all speakers to fosgate amp. oh yeah stock electrical for now 80-90 amp alt. n regular everstart battery up front n a stinger volt meter reading about 14.2 volts. any help is appreciated thanks

x2

Rockford Fosgate r300-4 4 channel amp,Sundown audio sae 1200v.1 amp
you've thoroughly exceeded what your electrical system can produce.. wire your subs to lower impedance to lighten the load. Otherwise you will fry the amps and alter..
Only run one ohm if your electrical system can handle it. yours cannot. and no you cannot just add another battery or two. it needs to be the alt.

volt meter reading about 14.2 volts.
a reading during a musical peak will show a voltage drop.

I would have to pull specs on your amps and do some calculations to make any recommendations as far as your electrical system is concerned. However, if you have grounding issues, internal in the amp or external in your wiring, you most definitely will have symptoms, some of which you describe such as noise, bad sound, etc. I would definitely have that amp checked out. A melted or broken ground inside is certainly a BIG problem for your system and there is really no sense of going any further until you solve that issue. Sorry for the news. Best of luck.

thanks for the input guys, the sundown amp is still covered under warranty from db-r were i bought it not too long ago so ima send it in for warranty repair. as for the 4 channel amp i changed the ground on the amp it still does the noise. it seems to do it more when the car is on acc but when i turn it on the noise seems to be disappear but u can still hear it in the background. even though the amp power led remains on. i will try to upgrade the front battery asap and look for a h.o alt but the only one i found on eBay is close to $200. car btw is a 92 toyota camry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.