problem with filter management on rew

surreal89

CarAudio.com Newbie
Italy
Good evening.
after taking the measurements and having the program make the corrections automatically, I went back to the DSP program to apply all the corrections.
and this is where the problem arises.
In my DSP program there is no 32-band EQ that uniquely handles all 7 channels occupied by my speakers, but each channel has a separate 32-band EQ.
How should I manage multi-channel filters?
for example if I have to apply a -6db to a frequency of 4356hz in which channel should I apply this change?
only in the left tweeter, in the right tweeter or in both channels?
and if the frequency to be modified is also reached by the mids, should I also set the modification on the mids?..how should I proceed?..apply -6 dB to all channels or not?

Are you measuring each channel separately? If so, you should apply EQ per channel based on your measurements.

i.e. My right front may show a 2dB boost needed at 1.5KHz with a Q of .7, but the left front may only need 1dB with a Q of .5 due to the listening position.
I'd apply the EQ to each channel.
BUT, if you are trying to EQ to sound good at all listening positions, you're going to average the measurements from all spots to create your EQ curve. You can apply more broadly (fronts get one curve, rears another, subs a third), but going per-channel will sound better.

And you shouldn't sum the changes. If you measure the right channel and it's 2dB down at a frequency, and the left is 3dB down at the same frequency, you shouldn't apply 5dB to the summed channels.

Last edited:
I EQ/RTA each channel independently through dsp....i then use my HU EQ on all speakers playing together to "touch things up" on the fly to my listening preferences and tame any peaks that arise....seems to work for me but every setup is different....its a never ending process imo, get it close to where you want, set it and forget it....if you dive too deep you will find yourself constantly adjusting in frustration instead of enjoying your equipment/music

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...