Problem - Trying to install sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

ZXJ

Hey there, first off I'll list my equipment:

Deck: JVC KD-LH300

Amp: Bazooka BA1150

Sub: Infinity 10"

I hooked the power up to battery terminal, then grounded it to the frame of the car. Hooked the remote turn on to the deck and plugged the signal cables into the sub out on my deck and into the inputs on the amp. Ran speaker wire from sub to speaker output on the amp and turned on the deck.

All I got was regular audio with my 4 speakers and the amp lit up red (pretty sure this mean something is wrong). I turned the deck off and checked voltages: 12.3 across the +12 terminal and 0 on ground. When the deck is turned on the voltage drops to ~5 on the +12 and the ground varies. I have tried multiple grounds for the amp.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ZXJ

the red light means the amp is going into protection. one thing first are you grounding onto bare metal? you might also have the sub wired to low of an impedance for the amp.
I am going to ground it solidly to the frame right now, I had it on a screw which I thought was attached to the frame but I am not sure. I just took this exact system/setup out of my friends car and it worked, so I am not completely sure on the impedence question.

Also, when I was uninstalling the amp wires from my friends deck, the back speakers wires were cut from the main harness and hooked up with speaker wires running through with the signal wires for the amp. Is there a reason why this was done, why the main harness wires werent just kept connected?

Thanks again.

Got it working, sub is pounding good and amp light is blue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can anyone advise me as to how I would go about hooking up the back speakers to this system as well, or if it is even possible.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.