Problem getting power HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list
So i have had my current system for about 4 months. 2 12in American Bass XD subs, Soundstream dtr1400.1 rated at 1400rms at 1 ohm (which is how my subs are wired)

Recently my amp has been cutting out while driving for up to a minute. It used to snap right back on after a while. After about a week of that, it wouldnt even power my subs when i started my car. (protect mode light was on), and a few days after that, the amp power light would turn on when i started my car but fade off after about three seconds. Now it wont turn on at all. I recently replaced my battery.

I redid my ground to a more secure place in the trunk. its now on the frame of the car. Im running 4 ga wire as the amp recommends and a 100 amp fuse under the hood.

I was convinced my amp was shot until today when i hooked up my buddies amp and the power light would not go on.

Can anyone please help?

have you checked your headunit to make sure the remote turn on is working fine? if the amp isn't even turning on that sounds like more of a remote turnon issue rather than a power issue

the remote turn on is the blue wire coming out of the back of your headunit. it's usually run along the car with the RCA's that come from the preouts of your headunit. i'd check to see the wire hasn't split anywhere and that it's secured at the headunit

I completely ruled out checking my headunit because i had it professionally installed, but the shop i got it done at has been pissing me off lately so i wouldnt doubt it was done incorrectly. thanks. also does it matter how thick the remote wire is? because mine is pretty thin..

Is there a way to pop out the headunit easily? There are so many pieces in my car that have to come out when they installed the installation kit and headunit i really dont wanna spend hours putting that back together..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.