Pro Audio Amplifiers ( 1000W+)

Eldorado
5,000+ posts

Banned
So Cal
*EDIT* Thats 1000W, not 100W

I might be putting my TC 1.5HP 18 inside my house and id like to know what pro audio amplifiers you guys think are good quality and cheap.

Sofar ive looked at behringer EP2500, yamaha P2500S, Nady XA1600,American Audio VLP-1500,samson SX1200 for possible candidates

Id like to keep it in the $300 range. Crown doesnt really have any $300 ish 1kw amps.

look into the qsc rmx series. we run them at my work and they are very reliable. i would recommend the crown i-tech's but they are way out of your budget.

One amp, one woofer? What is the woofer impedance?

Do you fear buying used proamps? if not, check ebay, lots of stuff if you

aren't in a hurry.

If you plan to drive 4 ohm bridged, then RMX1850HD is probably the best

bang for buck, fine one used.

If you plan to drive 8 ohm bridged, the EP2500 might give you the best

bang for buck in this situation... because

EP2500 is RMX2450 clone with smaller transformer which gives less power at lowest

rated impedance.

RMX1850HD = RMX2450 but has lower power supply rail voltage, hence lower

power rating and it won't go into thermal protect as quick, hence the HD {heavy duty}

moniker {Lewinsky}.

One amp, one woofer? What is the woofer impedance?
Do you fear buying used proamps? if not, check ebay, lots of stuff if you

aren't in a hurry.

If you plan to drive 4 ohm bridged, then RMX1850HD is probably the best

bang for buck, fine one used.

If you plan to drive 8 ohm bridged, the EP2500 might give you the best

bang for buck in this situation... because

EP2500 is RMX2450 clone with smaller transformer which gives less power at lowest

rated impedance.

RMX1850HD = RMX2450 but has lower power supply rail voltage, hence lower

power rating and it won't go into thermal protect as quick, hence the HD {heavy duty}

moniker {Lewinsky}.
TC 1.5HP 18, only comes one way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ( dual 2)

I checked ebay, didnt find a whole lot.

or im either looking wrong

sorry to thread jack el,

but hey fellas, you know that piece that you can add onto amps that power subs in sealed boxes?? i forget the name of them but they help lower the f3 of the sealed boxes. my question is how low do they go?? in other words, i heard ppl say you can add this to the amp to drop the tuning down to such-n-such Hz ( usally 20Hz) but can you go deeper than that??

sorry to thread jack el, but hey fellas, you know that piece that you can add onto amps that power subs in sealed boxes?? i forget the name of them but they help lower the f3 of the sealed boxes. my question is how low do they go?? in other words, i heard ppl say you can add this to the amp to drop the tuning down to such-n-such Hz ( usally 20Hz) but can you go deeper than that??
Linkwitz Transform?

Fancy EQ.

When you EQ, you will push more excursion and draw more power. There is

drawbacks.

I'd rather just make a ported box if your woofer of choice allows.

TC 1.5HP 18, only comes one way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ( dual 2)I checked ebay, didnt find a whole lot.

or im either looking wrong
1 ohm or 4 ohm.

Aside from plate amps, if proamp, you do 4 ohm wiring and run the proamp

in bridged mode. That would be sweet.

Ebay keyword searching

EP2500

I see many listed. Cheapest, buy it now for $255

QSC RMX

RMX2450 buy it now $425 {used}

.. a few more

RMX1850HD - buy it now for $379

http://cgi.ebay.com/QSC-RMX-1850HD-Power-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ7420093703QQcategoryZ23787QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your budget is higher, more choices.

Linkwitz Transform?
Fancy EQ.

When you EQ, you will push more excursion and draw more power. There is

drawbacks.

I'd rather just make a ported box if your woofer of choice allows.
there we go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif bought it up cause i want to know how deep these can extend the frequency of your sub. plus, with a ep2500 or something along those lines, i think that would be enough power for a sealed, no?

1 ohm or 4 ohm.
Aside from plate amps, if proamp, you do 4 ohm wiring and run the proamp

in bridged mode. That would be sweet.

Ebay keyword searching

EP2500

I see many listed. Cheapest, buy it now for $255

QSC RMX

RMX2450 buy it now $425 {used}

.. a few more

RMX1850HD - buy it now for $379

http://cgi.ebay.com/QSC-RMX-1850HD-Power-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ7420093703QQcategoryZ23787QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your budget is higher, more choices.
thy, can u hook these up to a regular 5.1 receiver? do you just hook it up to the 'sub out' on the back of your receiver?

You need a receiver with a pre-out that's full range. Sub outs rarely have the option of full range audio..... but if you wanted to just hook up a pro-audio amp AS a sub amp it would work well.

You need a receiver with a pre-out that's full range. Sub outs rarely have the option of full range audio..... but if you wanted to just hook up a pro-audio amp AS a sub amp it would work well.
really?? just hook it u like u would a plate amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.