Pro Audio Setup Q&A

Participant count
  • Participant list

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ok so I bought 8x SKAR Audio FSX 6.5 4 Ohm Mid Bass speakers and I have 4x SKAR Audio VX 3.5 Titanium Bullet Tweeters. I am planning to put 2x the 6.5s in each door and 2x the 3.5s somewhere up front, on either the A pillar or the door as well.

QUESTIONS: Do I need a crossover? Other than the one on head unit?

Can anyone recommend an amp for this setup? or at least what I will need for power?

How should I wire them?

What headunit? Going to need one with good active crossovers, a separate DSP, or separate crossover. I would do two 4 channel amps. 2 speakers per channel. 2 ohms each channel for mids. 1 tweeter per channel at 4 ohms each for the tweeters. With the 4 channels you will still have left/right stereo. If you went with two full range mono block amps you would lose out of left/right fade/balance but would be cheaper.

Check out the PRV 1200.4 for mids and 800x4 for tweeters.

What headunit? Going to need one with good active crossovers, a separate DSP, or separate crossover. I would do two 4 channel amps. 2 speakers per channel. 2 ohms each channel for mids. 1 tweeter per channel at 4 ohms each for the tweeters. With the 4 channels you will still have left/right stereo. If you went with two full range mono block amps you would lose out of left/right fade/balance but would be cheaper.

What for crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...