Pro Audio Setup Q&A

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
Ok so I bought 8x SKAR Audio FSX 6.5 4 Ohm Mid Bass speakers and I have 4x SKAR Audio VX 3.5 Titanium Bullet Tweeters. I am planning to put 2x the 6.5s in each door and 2x the 3.5s somewhere up front, on either the A pillar or the door as well.

QUESTIONS: Do I need a crossover? Other than the one on head unit?

Can anyone recommend an amp for this setup? or at least what I will need for power?

How should I wire them?

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
What headunit? Going to need one with good active crossovers, a separate DSP, or separate crossover. I would do two 4 channel amps. 2 speakers per channel. 2 ohms each channel for mids. 1 tweeter per channel at 4 ohms each for the tweeters. With the 4 channels you will still have left/right stereo. If you went with two full range mono block amps you would lose out of left/right fade/balance but would be cheaper.

Check out the PRV 1200.4 for mids and 800x4 for tweeters.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What headunit? Going to need one with good active crossovers, a separate DSP, or separate crossover. I would do two 4 channel amps. 2 speakers per channel. 2 ohms each channel for mids. 1 tweeter per channel at 4 ohms each for the tweeters. With the 4 channels you will still have left/right stereo. If you went with two full range mono block amps you would lose out of left/right fade/balance but would be cheaper.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
I have a JVC KW250BT. I know it's not a great one, but I am thinking about buying another one.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
Anyone got a similar setup? Or knows of article or video showing one? What would be a good amp/Amps to go with. These Skar 6.5 are 150w 300w peak 4 ohm.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022
So, for 8 of the SKAR FSX 6.5 4 ohm speakers and 4 of the SKAR VX 3.5 4 ohm super tweeters, what amp/amps would be good? How about external crossovers? I'm pretty new to all this so I need info hahaha.

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Mar 14, 2022

What for crossovers?

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.