Preout voltage from DSP

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
I have a PRV DSP, and it says it has “up to 8 volts” out to the amplifiers. Does it matter what the input voltage is? If I were to input a signal from the head phone jack on a phone, would it still be 8 volts coming out to the amplifiers? Would the input voltage dictate that the output voltage is on other DSP units? That “up to 8 volts” statement in the manual has me questioning if a lower input from a phone would yield less output voltage on the other end than a head unit that had 4 volt preouts would.

I was curious about that on my 3Sixty.3. After some digging I found out that it wanted a 2v signal in and it also said "Up to 8v Output." I would imagine it would be dependent on the input signal as it will vary depending on if it is low level or High level in's or even a bluetooth signal.

I have 2 options. Use an iPad I have that has all the music apps installed. or use the pioneer head unit. The pioneer has 4 volt preouts. Using the IPad would make a cool head unit, but I don’t want some BS like 2 volts going to my amps.

I have 2 options. Use an iPad I have that has all the music apps installed. or use the pioneer head unit. The pioneer has 4 volt preouts. Using the IPad would make a cool head unit, but I don’t want some BS like 2 volts going to my amps.
No way to connect the Ipad to the HU?
Or install the same apps on an iphone?
Even without carplay you can stream audio to the HU via Bluetooth

No way to connect the Ipad to the HU?
Or install the same apps on an iphone?
Even without carplay you can stream audio to the HU via Bluetooth
Yeah. I connect that way now to the stock stereo. I just had a passing thought about mounting the iPad in the dash where the radio is and not even running a head unit. To be totally candid, I broke the head unit I was going to use. Now I can either use an older pioneer media receiver I have lying around until I can get another one, or I can mount the iPad in the dash and use that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...