preblems with subwoofer

No, because it is an active one and i haven't had time to test the speaker. i'll do it in a couple of minutes.

Whell the paint scraping was the first thing that i did, when i attached it..

Speaker specifications

Amplifier Max. Power output ................................................. 150W (80Hz) '

DIN output power (DIN45324, 65Hz, 2 +B=14.4V) ......... 70W

INPUT LEVEL (at Gain Max)

(RCA) .................................................. 100mV+100mV / 20k

(Speaker line) ........................................................ 2V+2V / 5k

Power source ......................... DC14.4V (10.8~15.6V allowable)

Max. current consumption ..................................................... 10A

Grounding .......................................................... Negative ground ·

Speaker system ...................................................... Bandpass type ·

Cabinet meterial ..................................................... Particle board ·

Sesitivity ....................................... 107dB / W (In car, SUV type) ·

Size .......... 412mm (16-1/4")(W) ×274mm (10-3/4")(D)×316mm (12-1/2")(H) ·

that's the best i could find. Does this do?

no, the amp is still down. Where i live there is big holidays now and i can't get to anyone that could bring it back to life for at least three days from now..

it's at least 4 years old, was in other car for the first year where it was installed with some kind of "pioneer good sound bundle", then the car was sold and it was put in closet for 3 years, when now i finally put it back in my car. Nop, no warranty. i guess i'll wait for now and get it done, buy a new wire for grounding, and put everything back togehter. By the way, how do you think - the sound setup was wrong? Should i put a bigger gain on amp and less on the radio?

If the amp has it's own LPF, do i need to adjust LPF that i have in my radio to the same Hz as well?

it's at least 4 years old, was in other car for the first year where it was installed with some kind of "pioneer good sound bundle", then the car was sold and it was put in closet for 3 years, when now i finally put it back in my car. Nop, no warranty. i guess i'll wait for now and get it done, buy a new wire for grounding, and put everything back togehter. By the way, how do you think - the sound setup was wrong? Should i put a bigger gain on amp and less on the radio?
The gain on the amplifier should match the maximum rated voltage of your HU, which you're saying is 2.5V. I think the amp takes a max of 2V? If this is true, that means your gain should be set pretty much at the very minimal setting. From there you can turn up the bass via your HU.

If i put the gain lvl on aproximately 1/3 or less and max out HU the sub will be quiet, because now it was +12 of +15 on HU. Tehnically i can boost it by adding bass not only to amp output, but in the main eq for everything. haven't tried like that yet. Tought that bass should only come from sub and and everything else from speakers. ok, thank's for your help for now!

Really great that these kind of forums exist, especially with active users!

I'll update when i'll finally put everything back together. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looks like you used 2 wires for power and 1 wire for ground. Assuming that correct you may have heated up the ground side 2 much.

Ground should be the same size or bigger. Try writing the company, even thought it's outside of warranty that may help you. If you get it fixed lower the fuse size and learn how to test ground resistance

And is it possible, that by tuning up aditional bass boost and stuff in radio the voltage increases? Because the settings in my car were that all of my speakers worked basicly only as treble and hight notes, but subwoofer was turned on +12 of +15, that my radio allows. But on the sub Gain level was aproximately 3/4 of max.
Bass boost is always a recipe for trouble, but I really should think that amp would have some sort of protection from over-driving

The reason I think it is defective is that you simply do not hear stories of people blowing them up. This is the first time I've heard of one of these "all in one" boxes failing. Considering we don't hear about failure and certainly many people who use them are inexperienced I would imagine they are pretty fool-proof.

If the internal amp has failed the ONLY one who might be able to say what happened is a qualified amplifier repair shop. Even they might not be able to say for certain.

Bass boost is always a recipe for trouble, but I really should think that amp would have some sort of protection from over-driving

The reason I think it is defective is that you simply do not hear stories of people blowing them up. This is the first time I've heard of one of these "all in one" boxes failing. Considering we don't hear about failure and certainly many people who use them are inexperienced I would imagine they are pretty fool-proof.

If the internal amp has failed the ONLY one who might be able to say what happened is a qualified amplifier repair shop. Even they might not be able to say for certain.
And do you think that if i veld it back together and plug it in, it could burn again?

yeah, i agree, i spent lot of time googling this kind of problem and was shocked, that i didn't find anything at all...

don't you think that they will ask for a load of money for velding and for diagnosis?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.