700.00 to spend your thoughts

Hiker72

florida
music- Rock and metal 80% and hip hop 20%

vehicle-2015 mustang

The door speakers already replaced with JBL GX 600c

Local shop wants to build 2 ten inch boxes out of birch wood? Install 2 DB drive KS V2 series subs and a corresponding DB amp... I want to run one Amp to power the doors and subs, he recommend using 2 DB amps, unsure which 2.. Of course this was over budget. So, I may opt for only 1 sub and box... Your thoughts??? I have no clue.thanks for tips or suggestions

music- Rock and metal 80% and hip hop 20%vehicle-2015 mustang

The door speakers already replaced with JBL GX 600c

Local shop wants to build 2 ten inch boxes out of birch wood? Install 2 DB drive KS V2 series subs and a corresponding DB amp... I want to run one Amp to power the doors and subs, he recommend using 2 DB amps, unsure which 2.. Of course this was over budget. So, I may opt for only 1 sub and box... Your thoughts??? I have no clue.thanks for tips or suggestions
I have a 2012. Very small trunk opening. I'm running one 10 atm.

So DB drive a no go?... Ok, I will opt for one good 10... What's your thoughts on the birch wood box and amp? how about a Sundown 10???

For the music I listen to, do you think the Sundown Sa or American bass tnt would be the better sub?..the birch wood box is 175.00 built to my trunk specs behind the passenger side wheel well area... Is that expensive? also need an amp?...thanks for the help fellas

For the music I listen to, do you think the Sundown Sa or American bass tnt would be the better sub?..the birch wood box is 175.00 built to my trunk specs behind the passenger side wheel well area... Is that expensive? also need an amp?...thanks for the help fellas
Sub don't determine music for the most part, there are some exceptions but rare and purpose built. Box tuning and tuning does. A good tune will play everything the same

For the music you listen to, Definitely go with what CSCstang's got cooked up. His single 10 sounds like 15s(steet/average joes wise) in his car man.

single HDC3 10 on 2k in his high output box slams on metal.

You can probably use an HDS310, save on cash and get a beefy 5 channel amp

Ok custom ported box with Hds 310 on the way. What do you think about these 2 Amps... Both Jbl Gto... 5EZ for the front component door speakers and the 1001 for the rear sub??? I can get a pretty good deal for them? Or would u do MB Quart RA 1000.1 for the sub and the MB quart RA 400.2 for the door speakers... The doors are JBL Gx 600 c.. The JBl amps are about 50.00 more than the Mbq.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.