Pre-out voltage

robdwny

I'm putting a new head unit in my boat

I'm looking at the Kenwood KMM bt 312

And the pioneer MVH 390

Both of these are digital media receivers and the Kenwood is 2.5 V for the pre-out

And I believe the pioneer is 2 V

Is there any concern I prefer the Kenwood because it has 3 sets of RCA outputs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pioneer has a 24 bit DAC vs the kenwood with a 16 bit DAC which is vastly superior. However I would not consider running any of these which are very low quality in specs and audio features.

If you want kenwood i'd go with a KDC x301 at the very minimum. Its worth EVERY extra dollar, you get time alignment, 13 bands of eq, sound engine, proper crossovers, quality 24 bit dac, 4 volt preouts the works for not that much more at all. Never cheap out on the head unit Its the most important thing in your audio system.

That is a nice unit I was just trying to not get a CD player for in the boat. I was looking for a media player.

I'm not sure if they make them as good as the kdc301

I'm putting a new head unit in my boatI'm looking at the Kenwood KMM bt 312

And the pioneer MVH 390

Both of these are digital media receivers and the Kenwood is 2.5 V for the pre-out

LISTEN TO THE MAN!! read my sig.. 301 is AMAZING!!!! $119 CRUTCHFIELD i think it should cost like $329 it so nice i can't get over it btw it has 24bit and 5v preouts 3sets..

I'm putting a new head unit in my boatI'm looking at the Kenwood KMM bt 312

And the pioneer MVH 390

I run Kenwoods in all my vehicles..They have very little distortion on maxed volumes.As far as the .5 v difference..Im not sure that you will be able to tell any difference if any at all.The 3 sets of out puts allow for front, rear,and sub stage amplifier installation options and seperation.Worth the few dollars extra if running a 4 ch,and a dedicated mono amp for the sub.and amplify your entire system,or multiple amps.I can deff tell a difference from my older Eclipse 5v and 8v head unit compaired to the Kenwoods

That is a nice unit I was just trying to not get a CD player for in the boat. I was looking for a media player. I'm not sure if they make them as good as the kdc301

They do make a water proof cover for HUs for boats dont they?To protect the HUs?Might be worth looking into?

Preout voltage makes barely any real world difference, my kenwood has weak *** preouts. Like im talking maybe .5v at max. The gain on my amp is 95% of the way up but its not clipped or distorted ( the taramps has a clipping indicator to monitor it). Higher voltage are only better at reducing interference but as long as you run your wires separate from the power wire it will be fine.

Have you considered setting up zones so two places can have different music sources? That's one thing some marine receivers may offer that car receivers don't.

The pre-out voltage doesn't matter. The number of bits in the DAC is irrelevant in the scope of determining quality. No reputable manufacturer is going to use a DAC that is insufficient.

Yeah I do need to get that figured out. The amp and all the speakers will be up on the main boat deck using all RCA's to control that out to An amp.

I'm wondering if the stereo amplifier could run downstairs in the cabin separately

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.