Power-crazy idiot!

Chairchild
10+ year member

England
I have found some speakers that i have now bought for £500, and they will give out 5000 watts, but i cant find any amp which is powerfull enough. Is it possible to run three or more amps in parralell to give the required output? or will that screw it up in some way? any suggestions of powerfull amps will be welcome:)

"Power-crazy idiot"... I think not.

"Duplicate-post crazy idiot"... sounds more like it!!!

what "speakers" do you have that "give out" 5000 watts?

I think your missing imral3's point. No speaker be it a sub or what have you, gives out power. Throw a sub in your back seat and see what kind of thump you get from just the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

soz for the wait.

my speakers cost me about £600 from motorworld (I cant remember the make)

they're 15 inch subs and sound brilliant - even on only 30 watts!

and sorry about the multiple posts, my computer decided to go haywire on me.

i've upgraded the power on my car so that it now gives out around 1800 watts,

but i added altenators instead of batteries so it can always give power - instead of having the extra batteries running out.

one more Q, any idea what gauge wire i'd need?

soz for the wait.

my speakers cost me about £600 from motorworld (I cant remember the make)

they're 15 inch subs and sound brilliant - even on only 30 watts!

and sorry about the multiple posts, my computer decided to go haywire on me.

i've upgraded the power on my car so that it now gives out around 1800 watts,

but i added altenators instead of batteries so it can always give power - instead of having the extra batteries running out.

one more Q, any idea what gauge wire i'd need?

ahh exagerated ratings on a on line audio performance SALES site what will they think of next? the world can only wait in suspense!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

want to look up real stats? not just max ratings? try http://www.mobileaudio.com/intdir/ want more real look up reviews........

I meant RMS max, not total max,

but even so, if it was 5000 total max, it would still be about 3500 watts - which is still ****ing loud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.