Power, but no illumination?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skadic333
10+ year member

Hey guys and gals I have an 02 focus and I've tried to get this **** headunit to work, but no luck. No matter what aftermarket headunit I use it gets power but doesn't play or have any illumination. I have the factory harness connected to a aftermarket wiring harness. The fuse is also good. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Use a DMM to verify voltage on both constant (yellow) and ignition (red). I suspect you don't have ignition voltage, I.e. Blown fuse. Did you crimp or solder the head unit wires? What model number is the harness? And yes, make sure you matched the colors right and bought the right harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.