Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

2kchevy,

PB12-Plus....goes down to 12hz....mmmm...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

ahh yesss get rid of the Klipsch and thrown down the ~ $950 hehehee for that PB

what speakers do you have?? the SBS?

ps: yea i like the Panny 1014/1015 series. the 1016 that's just out has a different display

Nice receiver and sub choice. I really really want to get rid of my klipsch 12 and buy a pb12-plus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what speakers do I have? I have klipsch Heresy's as my mains and a klipsch RW-12D. It doesn't sound bad for a college students setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. I also have a pioneer vsx-816k which is an awesome bang for the buck receiver but wish I would have gotten the 1016 though it's not much more.

Yeah they aren't bad at all either it's just they are horrible at reproducing low end. Without the sub they are pretty much all highs. I've been wanting to listen to the newer kliscph stuff like the RF-83 I've read that they are suppose to have lots of low end and sound great.

Find yourself an older pair of Cornwall's and forget the RF-83's. Think of a Heresy with lots of Bass! If the cabinet is too big get a pair of Forte's they are the same width and depth of a Heresy in a taller cabinet with a passive radiator on the back and dig down to about 32Hz.

I run an HT with 4 Klipschorn's, a La Scala center, and Heresy's for rear effects/centers. I used to have Belle's in the place of the Heresy's but they just take up too much real estate. Two Velodyne HGS-15 Servo's take care of the low end. All the crossover networks have been updated with premium parts as well. Dynamics and output are off the scale!

There is a photo a few pages back. I am running a NAD T163 with the latest software and firmware feeding a Sherbourn 7/2100A. I previously ran a pair of rare DBX BX-1 amplifiers each in 4 channel mode. The Sherbourn was a bit of a compromise. I even tried a pair of McIntosh MC-30 tube amps on my mains but found the difference's between them and the DBX BX-1's negligible so I parted with them since they require regular maintenance.

I run a Denon DVD-2900 to a new Hitachi Plasma perched atop the center La Scala.

The level of detail is astounding.

Fireplace mantle on the left as reference, best pic I have right now. Sub and center channel on the bottom.

projector006copyxl1.jpg

There is a photo a few pages back. I am running a NAD T163 with the latest software and firmware feeding a Sherbourn 7/2100A. I previously ran a pair of rare DBX BX-1 amplifiers each in 4 channel mode. The Sherbourn was a bit of a compromise. I even tried a pair of McIntosh MC-30 tube amps on my mains but found the difference's between them and the DBX BX-1's negligible so I parted with them since they require regular maintenance.
I run a Denon DVD-2900 to a new Hitachi Plasma perched atop the center La Scala.

The level of detail is astounding.
If I were you, I'd be running SET's on those K-horns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You're right, I wouldn't expect 6550-based PP amps like the Macs to be that much of a difference...

My father has Cornwalls trust me I know what they sound like. LoL.....he's not handing them over though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

heres my "home" audio setup.....be it im in a dorm room this is my home till may...

looking for more lowend...its 2 onkyo S-31 3 ways and two 2 BSR DR-1550R floor speakers powered with a kenwood VR-305....im broke and all together (receiver, and 4 speakers above cost me $100 on the dot)

anyone looking to get rid of an old HT sub or whatnot or maybe ditching their dayton 120 looking to upgrade?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.