Single JL 13 W7 box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Looking to add one single 13w7 and run it off a jl hd1200. Need some help in deciding on a ported box. Should I build the box to jl specs which is 2.375 net volume and tuned to 34 hertz? Or should I go which a bigger box and tune a bit lower around 30-34 hertz? If I go bigger how much bigger should I go and what difference will I hear from going from jl spec to a bigger one?

Do most rap songs even play down to 32hertz? Looking for a everyday tune would 34 be better for me then?

If I go to the 12w7 how big a box would be good? 2.5 net volume?

Do most rap songs even play down to 32hertz? Looking for a everyday tune would 34 be better for me then?
If I go to the 12w7 how big a box would be good? 2.5 net volume?
34 is fine. Youll start dying out at 26hz. Few rap music only drops down to low 30s and maybe 28hz. But majority will be in the 35 to 45hz range. So you are fine.

So is it tune the higher you tune your box the more SPL you get out of it. Say you tune it to 37hertz. And the lower you tune to say around 30-32hertz the better sound quality you get but lose output?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.