POST Your AMP RACK PICS

Trak...here this is a quote from Louisiana_CRX...I seemed to gain about .5 db by using the loading wall over open subs...Like you said it helps limits the excursion of the sub but also by doing that it helps force more pressure out the port
so why not have the sub facing a wall? port elsewhere. would there be to much surface area of the wall compared to that tiny ass piece of plexi?

you have to give optimus its props though. the original radio shack amps put out great power. wish you could say that now
I rocked the optimus in the 80's. First pair of raw drivers I ever bought were optimus 12's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

MMMMMMMM Nice, I drooled a little on that one.

centertrunk.jpg
lefttrunk-1.jpg

righttrunk-1.jpg

MOST wires hidden

I intend to redo my cover plate after I get my doors and interior finished, but wanted to throw something in to hide the wires for the time being, so here it is as it sits.

backnight004.jpg

Haha, that looks familiar. Is that by any chance a 1998-2002 Accord Sedan? I've got the same car. I love having that little door so I can open up my "bass-port" even if the seats are up and I've got people in the back. Quick question though... actually 2 questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
1. I thought about mounting my amp to the back of the seat but I was worried about the screws not holding (not sure what that seat backing is made of) or the screws poking into the seat too far and hitting the people in their backs when sitting in the back seat.

2. It looks like you're running some power with that amp. I'm running two 10's in a ported box and I'm getting the worse possible trunk rattle ever. I don't mean the trunk buzzing and whatnot from just little vibrations, I mean like sheet metal against sheet metal sounding like it's going to tear itself apart. I can't really isolate the problem so I'm not really sure where to start with the deadening process. How did you solve this problem?
Close, its an 04 accord I've ran a 15" FI BL but now i have (2) dd 1510's. I know what you mean about the door but its now pointless for me to open up the door now obviously because there's an amp there lol but yeah if yours is accessible its handy.

My car had the worst rattles also I've pretty much went through the whole deck/trunk area/tail lights and tried to remove the squeaks and rattles over time. My trunk and trunk lid are fully deadened with second skin damplifier.

Spots you might want to check that gave me problems are the rear break light just stuff something between that and the glass. The headliner and trim on the rear deck rattled against the glass also you might want to check your trunk there's a vent in the corner where alot of air pressure escapes and the plastic flap makes a really annoying sound.

the wifes car
olds2-1.jpg
love the sub grill gaurd

got some good ideas from those floating pdx mounting spots? got any pics of the wiring being hidden?

DSCN5585.jpg
DSCN5591.jpg

I'll have to get some finished pics. Pretty simple but I really like it
more good ideas

You win best rack but crappy amp.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yes, nice!

I intend to redo my cover plate after I get my doors and interior finished, but wanted to throw something in to hide the wires for the time being, so here it is as it sits.
backnight004.jpg

DO I spy a hearse ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

here's a pic of the set-up in my girl's car..i have both matching alpine amps in there now..and no wires are showing
0418081918.jpg
Except you didn't through bolt it... FAIL.

I wonder how much weight a bungee cord can take before it breaks. We should test this.

it's about 95% completed now. wrapped it in carpet tonight and ran all the wires. i just have to make 2 little trim pieces for the lower corners to cover the wires entering the box. due to the wire connections i could not get it to sit flush so i sank them in a little. i may cut some plexi to go over them or maybe just make a small trim piece for each side, i haven't decided yet. i can see they need a good cleaning now after my dirty fingers were all over them.

100_3861.jpg

100_3862.jpg

backnight004.jpg
Is anyone else getting the illiusion that the yellow tops are getting smaller if you start from the left and start comparing them to the next one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.