possible to bridge preouts on receiver?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was wondering if it is possible to bridge the preouts on your receiver to get more power to your speakers. I am plannin in installing a Pioneer DEH P7400 in my TRUCK...so ill only be needing 2 midrages. I want my mids to be loud and clear, so i was just wondering if it is possible to bridge the preouts on my reciever to get a little over 40 watts rms to my speakers instead of wasting that other preout. Anyone tried this before? is it even possible? if you can answer my questions please reply....thanks

in advance;)

UMM. Do you mean the preouts that you plug your RCA cords into, because those things only put out an audio signal for an amplifier to use, meaning if you were to hook a speaker up to them, you would not get any sound.

But if you are talking about the cd players internal amplifier outputs, you will get about 17watts rms to each speaker using pioneers internal mosfet amp, which is not bridgable, if you try to bridge these outputs the amp will either A-not work at all B-overheat constantly and eventually burn out.

17watts rms power will give you a decent amount of sound to speakers that have the low frequency's cut out(high pass) because it takes alot less power to make the high frequencys than the low frequencys.

If you want decent sound on a budget I would suggest you run your mids and tweets off the deck and add a sub and amp behind the seat to take care of the lows.

I hope this clears a few things up for ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.