• Thread starter pfunk358
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 523
    Participant count
  • Participant list
P

pfunk358

in my car i running the bd1500.1 and the mtx152 for amps in my car there prob. drawing aroud 1800 watts right? i also have 2, 2 farad caps and an optima yellow top battery.. with 4 guage power wire... but my head lights are still dimming... i have checked and double checked all the wiring everthing is wired right... do i need another battery or a hi amp alternator... also i was gonna put in another amp the RF 1000a2 but i don't think my car could handle it... what should i do to fix the problem

thanks

Your car has a small Mitsubishi alternator in it. You should look into a larger alternator or have that one rewound. Especially with running amps that size.

Definitely agree, you need a much bigger altenator. Stock altenators start having trouble around 250-300 RMS, some less than that. The only way to fix your dimming lights is to get a bigger altenator. So before you go out and just buy a bigger altenator, figure in how big you need it to be by figuring out the amount of watts you will be running. I think Zane will be able to help you out there, I think I saw a post a while back where he was talking about altenators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.