POSSIBLE blown sub plz help fast

Participant count
  • Participant list

pjvoc
10+ year member

Reppin Da ~402~
Omaha, NE
ok today i bought a new amp, its an ab monoblock total mobile audio 500.1 amp, its supposed to get 250w per channel rms, and i was playin my subs with the bass boost on the amp at half on the amp and full on my head unit, the xover was at low and i had the volume at 18... and one of the subs started rattling violently... and now it sounds distorted wheni play it way way low, im very pissed if it is blown because the box said its 400 rms... so i dunno plz help

hopefully i havent blown it, im feeding the subs 250 watts a peice, because it gets 500x1 rms, and the subs are rated at 400wrms a peice, is it expensicve for a mechanical problem to be fixed, when i press in on the sub itself it grinds a little bit im not sure what it means, and there was only 3 settings on my amp, my crossover level, output level, and bassboost xover was at little below half, output was low 1/4 maybe and bass boose was at half of 12 db

They probably bottomed out, and the scraping noise is either the bottom of the voice coil former you dented, or just the coil itself rubbing, either because it's crooked, or because you didn't press perfectly straight down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so thats probably what caused the violent rattle? because they still play and have bass, just bad bass and could this possibly come from bad screws? and if so what screws should i get

I don't really see what screws would make the sub sound poorly, unless it isn't screwed down into the box well enough. Which I hope in any install the sub is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.