• Participant list

quintonre
10+ year member

Kentucky
I am running

Alpine MRP-M500 amplifier

Kenwood Excelon 12" woofer

Alpine head unit.

I have a fierce audio slim style box that I bought from bestbuy, it is currently ported.

it does give me loud bass that I am highly satisfied with, however I have noticed in other cars with one 10" woofer have made there graduation tassel dance crazy and the bass also hits you in the chest.

My bass is extremely deep and almost sounds like its breathing, I like this bass but it's not what I wanted.

Would closing the port and removing the trail in the box make it have that tight chest hitting bass that rocks my tassel or no?

I promise I have looked all over google not exactly on these forums, but I would just highly appreciate personal opinions!

I have been searching for that feeling from bass and have not found it =/

by the way it is a single cab 1999 ford ranger.

Well I noticed ported is much "louder"

but you can't hardly feel it.

I mean it shakes the truck and makes the back flex.

But It barely moves the tassel or the mirror.

Its not very jumpy either.

matters what the port is tunned to lower 30hz will hit the low note and shake stuff more(as in longer wave lengths and more flex), higher 30hz you will see it in the mirrors and it will sound louder (it will be like it viberating)

So, closing my port should hit me in the chest more and make the tassel dance?

especially in a single cab ranger.

The only reason I am so skeptical is because I had a 10" sealed sony xplode before my kenwood and it hit... terribly.

how would you close your port?

and sealed boxes have tunning too, that depends on the inside cubic feet

but usually prefab boxes from best buy are tunned around 38hz

The box happened to be the exact same size the kenwood recommends.

I would take the subwoofer out, knock the port trails out that were build it in.

Cut the wood that came with the trail and fit it in the port hole. and wood glue it in place.

4ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.