Port area arguement

FYI. you do realize that having more port area means MORE displacement and MORE output correct? its kinda like say i have a 15 with a 12" passive radiator.
no i dont. I gained a lot of dbs from shrinking my port area while retaining the tuning with my old box. There's always a limit to how much port area would actually give performance. You dont want the biggest port area, you want the proper amount port area. big difference.

garbage calculator man.
people are just too stupid to understand how a ported box really works. The issue with the calculator is instead of using a moderen day drivers SD it uses a much higher SD( like late 90 cone area figures and when they ask for x max it's for the highest possible displacement because it wants to give you a vent match and the lowest possible resistance without killing the dampening.

The stupid **** about 9 - 16 square inches per cube is complete and utter ******** there's no science behind it

no i dont. I gained a lot of dbs from shrinking my port area while retaining the tuning with my old box. There's always a limit to how much port area would actually give performance. You dont want the biggest port area, you want the proper amount port area. big difference.
You still dont grasp how a ported box works.

how does any of this actually help, your calculator is still useless for the most part
The boxes tuning frequency is the port's resonance frequency. if you go one octave above that and look at the excursion plot you use that number to get your "xmax" figure.( when you block the driver with the power you going to use in the box and tune you're going to use)

There's only two things that determine the proper Port area it's tuning frequency and displacement of the driver displacement being in that box with the amount of power you put into it not necessarily x max they put x max because it's a maximum linear limit of the driver you guys really are slow.

You still dont grasp how a ported box works.
all i know is from experimentation and real world results goes against what that calculator recommends completely. Litteraly the difference between 143 db with what that caculator recommended yes thats the exact port area it recommended to 154db by shrinking.

so you just now mention power?
If you're too stupid to understand that power moves the driver you're retarded. the point is it's all about displacement and tuning frequency if you put X Max like they suggest that's the maximum possible displacement. In other words its the largest port You'll Ever Need.

I have 75in^2 in 4 cubes and get alittle nose at and around tuning.

all i know is from experimentation and real world results goes against what that calculator recommends completely. Litteraly the difference between 143 db with what that caculator recommended yes thats the exact port area it recommended to 154db by shrinking.
User error and lack of understanding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.