Blowthrough through back glass of truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

daltone34

US
So. I just got a camper shell and plan on doing 6 12s in a blowthrough through the back glass of my truck and I have a question. If I were to build the box like the picture on this post, would it be considered a sixth order or would it be fine to build it To the specs of a ported box?
4a5a3cf2d825c7ff0bcfd10cf573d6c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

have to get @Jeffdachef on this one.. we had a guy at shop i worked at many years ago had 6 12's ported through rubber boot on back window with camper shell, soundstream amps/subs, it was loud a/f is all i know about we didn't do that just his hu and eq.. was a guy here did 8 planet audio 12's in truck bed box only 1500rms hit like 150db ported through hole in back wall no camper shell.. i'll see if i can find it

That would be an unloaded 6th order

Seal up the rear and make the front a port for a 4th order

Also you should be able to fit 12 12's no problem with a design like that

Or you could do flat sealed wall with the 6 and port through the window

That would be an unloaded 6th orderSeal up the rear and make the front a port for a 4th order

Also you should be able to fit 12 12's no problem with a design like that

Or you could do flat sealed wall with the 6 and port through the window
See I tried a 4th order with an 8 just to test the sound and all and I didn't really like it.. they're just too complicated and unless you meter it while you tune and build and such then you'll never get the sound and pressure you want.. and I've never really liked a sealed box but it just depends on how much air I could be pushing if I did do a flatwall sealed.. would I just do a regular sealed wall to specs and leave the window alone? Wouldn't it act kind of like if you had a c pillar wall with seats (the back wall) in the way?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.