polk vs focal?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
i have 2 6 1/2 component polks 100rms 4 ohms got it for 140 but was wondering if i were to go to focal would there be a big difference for similar price? i like how the polk sounds but then again iv never heard focal before. its being powered by a skar audio rp-75.5ab just wanted some pointers shed some light on me please.

Focal is held in much higher regards than Polk, however if you like the Polk, stay with them until you've heard Focal. They're known to have a much warmer sound, and their tweeters can be rather harsh (to some) because they're all metal, I don't believe they make any silk-domes. I personally believe you'd hear a difference and prefer the Focal, but I'm not you!

i have 2 6 1/2 component polks 100rms 4 ohms got it for 140 but was wondering if i were to go to focal would there be a big difference for similar price? i like how the polk sounds but then again iv never heard focal before. its being powered by a skar audio rp-75.5ab just wanted some pointers shed some light on me please.
Have you worked with any other comp set besides the Polks? I liked how they sounded too until the car audio bug bit me.

With a Helix DSP the Polks sound even better but then I started to realize I was missing sounds and the lack of midbass just kills me.

About to put in a different set of comps. I didn't go Focal because I find the Polks painfully harsh.

I'm gonna guess that if you don't find the Polks harsh, you could come to truly appreciate the Focals. They're a favorite all over.

What type of music do you listen to?

Polk db comps are great if that's what you have... I loved mine. If your doors are treated well they do well... My polks had no problem playing down to 100hz with some punch. People were always impressed with my $100 comp sets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.