JL or Alpine?

If you can afford JL I would go with JL. I put hertz in my van and Phoenix gold in my other car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having experience with both, neither. Image dynamics CTX sound much better for the money. Against the JL C5s, i'd put the XS series from Image dynamics or a set of used Hertz HSK XLs which absolutely demolishes the C5s in every way possible.

There's a lot of speakers out there that do awesome. for the money if your looking to spend a little CTD makes a good set of 6x9 component coaxial, so I hear, I'm thinking of trying those for my rear, but there $400, alpine type r's are a pretty good cost/per performance 6x9 speaker IMO. The C5's are overpriced and over rated, JL is great for subs, but for speakers, the HSK XL's are great, if you can afford it (same

Price range as c5's unless your getting a good deal) Dynaudio GT 242's or CTD ES-62iUS. Those are also great speakers for the money.

Depends on how your ears process sound...what you hear.

My hearing prefers JL compared to the other brands I have access to.

I'd be unhappy to drop a bundle on a pair of speakers, regardless of reviews, etc., only to realize that my hearing did not care for them.

so get the hertz?
they are in a class of their own which the other two choices cannot even touch or even grovel beneath it. JL C5s are nothing special at all, if he thinks they are that good, he's not been through much higher end equipment systems being stuck in a JL bubble.

Either way, you'll need a good install for any speaker you get. Need a good head unit with time alignment, 24 bit DACs and 9 band or higher EQ. You'll need to deaden the doors to get great midbass out of them and good tweeter positioning, good class a/b amplifier power.

Well, Alpine Type-R I highly doubt could match something like a JL C5 component set, and regarding Hertz vs. JL mentioned above, a local shop has the Hertz HSK component set and JL Audio ZR speakers, both sound beautiful, but the ZR's are $300 more lol.

I had another question. For my front speakers I'm going to run components but in the rear deck I could run components and have the tweeter mounted in the rear passenger door where a factory 3" is there or I can run coaxials in the rear deck and get 3" coaxials in the rear passenger door. Which would you do

I had another question. For my front speakers I'm going to run components but in the rear deck I could run components and have the tweeter mounted in the rear passenger door where a factory 3" is there or I can run coaxials in the rear deck and get 3" coaxials in the rear passenger door. Which would you do
dont spend money on the rears unless thats the absolute last thing you are going to do in the system. Front speakers are the most important along with a proper install, deadening and tuning.

Even when you have extra to spend on rears, just get matching coaxials, no need for any component set.

You want componets to be closer together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.