Please help with all possible outcomes and solutions

it seems the only advice on this forum is to ignore the question and suggest to sell whatever **** they have and buy the flavor of the month subs and amp. a long time ago it would have been infinity perfects, then adire bhramas , then w7's, then dd for a few years, then sundown or fu's
well i hear that sundown and cab1600 have been typed on here 1000 times in past few months.. but when guy want to run different size and brand subs it's just weird and if he knew what he was doing that's fine do it.. we just want him to know he's asking for trouble not only using cheap stuff (which i'm king of btw) but mixing stuff like that not worth it.. he'll end up with lots less power to each sub and then have to fit it all in there.. better to run the 12's and sell it all when he can and get 1 15 or 2 or 2 better 12's ported correctly with decent amp., my system is proof u don't gotta spend 1k to do that and sound good..

the same can be said on almost everyones system here there are always more rugged higher power handling subs and higher power amps that could be used in every system you see. its just annoying that instead of helping people with what they have most posts are get x and y its better.

it seems the only advice on this forum is to ignore the question and suggest to sell whatever **** they have and buy the flavor of the month subs and amp. a long time ago it would have been infinity perfects, then adire bhramas , then w7's, then dd for a few years, then sundown or fu's
You forgot Type Arrrrrs..

They were the forum boner for a long time.

That wasn't my intention in response to the OP....if it were so, we'd all be on the run whatever subs we have in our garage bandwagon.

I don't play games with people that don't wanna listen to me even after explaining to him. Not knowing if the subs are in sealed, bandpass, or even ported. I can only imagine what it would sound like if all 3 boxes were in the same vehicle. Yeah sure sounds cool to begin with lets try it but in reality it's gonna sound like complete garbage and we all know it.

He continued to be stubborn in his way to wanna hook up all 6 subs.....I clearly stated multiple times not a good idea. Pick a pair of subs, and amp and stick with that. He didn't like that answer.

That amp MIGHT put out 300 watts rms. Throw all that shit on craigslist and start over. Its just a big clusterfuck.
That's exactly what I suggested. Must be some penny pincher....go out and buy wal mart audio gear.

That wasn't my intention in response to the OP
Quote Originally Posted by Popwarhomie

That amp MIGHT put out 300 watts rms. Throw all that **** on craigslist and start over. Its just a big clusterfuck.

That's exactly what I suggested. Must be some penny pincher....go out and buy wal mart audio gear.
lol

Ok, i have a problem with my amp going into protect mode if i hook up more than my 2 12s and i need to know what wiring method to use and what to hook up.... i have a 1200watt 4ohm bridgeable ssl amp, 2 300 rms max 4ohm dual 12s, 2 300 rms max 4ohm mtx audio 10s, and 2 300 rms max 4ohm kicker comp 10s. all speakers are SVC. how can i get the most with 4 subs?
series, parallel

Pretty much, but I suspect this whole thread is a troll anyway. It's really almost too perfect.

That said, when these types of questions do come up I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole because all the gear is garbage and mix matching subs is a terrible idea and you're dealing with someone who really has no business trying to DIY. Any advice besides "just pick one pair of matching subs and stick with it" or "you should probably take this to a professional" is not going to end well, and with the quality of equipment and "bass boost at 80%" even that won't end well and you'll automatically be the bad guy when OP burns his car to the ground.

Outstanding troll though OP. You don't get good trolls like this anymore around here. Whoever you are under that name, welcome back and thanks for the laughs.

Pretty much, but I suspect this whole thread is a troll anyway. It's really almost too perfect.
That said, when these types of questions do come up I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole because all the gear is garbage and mix matching subs is a terrible idea and you're dealing with someone who really has no business trying to DIY. Any advice besides "just pick one pair of matching subs and stick with it" or "you should probably take this to a professional" is not going to end well, and with the quality of equipment and "bass boost at 80%" even that won't end well and you'll automatically be the bad guy when OP burns his car to the ground.

Outstanding troll though OP. You don't get good trolls like this anymore around here. Whoever you are under that name, welcome back and thanks for the laughs.
when i started around 11 years old there was no internet and i just hooked up some house speakers to a craig 2 knob cassette desk in my sisters dodge dart, i knew i was underpowering them and the deck was safe because i went to radio shack and bought their loudspeaker design cookbook and read it so i knew how ohm loads worked. this was after building some 6.5 inch bookshelf speakers with realistic (radio shack) drivers and 2 way crossovers. anyway everyone gets their start somewhere and if its hooking up 3 prefab wal mart boxes to a 40 dollar amp so be it =]

You forgot Type Arrrrrs..
They were the forum boner for a long time.
For their price the Type-R's are really good subs...may not will any SPL contests, but they're well built and packed with good features. Nice excursion capability, shorting rings, pole piece and magnetic gap treatment (compound radius curve), relatively shallow depth (for a sub with 20mm xmax), sub specific gasket and grill. I would love to do a build with the newer version just to try them out. The new Type-X is pretty nice as well...25+ mm xmax...dual sided compact radius curve extending the magnetic gap to keep the coil within the gap throughout the entire stroke...very not bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.