Please help me wiring my comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

xjmadness
10+ year member

The beauty of green
ATL
Hey guys i got a ? for yall.

I got a 2 channel MTX amp and MA audio SYC051 components. I have run into a problem trying to figure out how to wire them. There are outputs + inputs on the xover for both the mid and tweeter. So how can i wire the 4 output wires(+- +-) into a channel (+ -)?

thx

Originally posted by xjmadness Hey guys i got a ? for yall.

I got a 2 channel MTX amp and MA audio SYC051 components. I have run into a problem trying to figure out how to wire them. There are outputs + inputs on the xover for both the mid and tweeter. So how can i wire the 4 output wires(+- +-) into a channel (+ -)?

thx
the xo goes after the amplifier not before, then you only have one input line that gets amp and sent to the xo to split between the tweet and mid driver.

i know that...this is how my xover looks like...

Mid......................High..................Mid.............................High

Input..................Input...................Output....................Output

+ - .................. + -................... + - ......................+ -

so how do i wire it?

There's one for the woofer and one for the tweeter. (Bi-Amp Set-up)

You're using one amp for the components.

Try wiring the woofer and tweeter in parallel on the x-over.

This will drop your ohm load and give you more power

from your MTX amp.

Or check with MA Audio to see what they reccomend.

i don't want any more power from my amp. The RMS ratings match up well @ 4 ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In order to get the 4 ohm load it will depend

on if the MA x-over has any kind of ohm compensation

circuity. This enables you to wire two 4 ohm speakers

together for a 4 ohm load.

If it doesn't have this, you will either wire them up

for a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. If they are both 4 ohm speakers.

MA may have a way of wiring it up with one input.

Such as using the tweeter +input and the woofer - input

Sorta like bridging.

i was bored one time so i played with a biampable crossover once, to me it doesn't make a difference at all, unless you're running two different amps, one for hi and one for low, but other than that, it doesn't make a difference...

you can just use one output.. i also tried the low output and the high output to see which one would sound better, and they both perform the same, the only difference is, the one that i use with hi input, it gets the sound quicker/faster than the low input..

they're great speaker.. i installed them in my father's car..

so i suggest if you're using just one two channel amp, just use one of the inputs, i prefer the high, but either one doesn't matter,

oh yea just remember the midbass/midrange is DVC... when i was playing with it last time, i thought the speaker was ****ed up, but i look and saw it was DVC so i connect both and now it works.. again if you wire it series or parallel, it doesn't make a difference (i think) well i wired mine in parallel tho..

good luck, just curios how much did you pay for that component, i paid $40 shipped for it, brand new with one year warranty =), that's why i think it's ****ing great speaker..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.