Wiring harness delima... Please help...

Participant count
  • Participants list

Denial-

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pa
I'm driving myself crazy with this. I'm by no means an expert at any of this but at the same time have done a few installs now. Trying to get everything started on a 2007 jeep grand cherokee wanted to get the head unit in and as soon as I plugged in the aftermarket harness to the factory one I noticed I 2 or 3 less wires coming from the factory harness than I do the aftermarket one. The factory harness has 13 or 14 and the aftermarket one that gets connected to the head unit harness has 16... not just that but there are a few wires not lined up with the other ones, like my blue with white remote turn on is in a completely different spot, I have it coming from the car harness just it's going to a blank spot on my aftermarket harness. So before I even bothered splicing everything together and trying it I said **** it and decided to ask you guys what the hell is going on. I do have a "name brand" harness its a schochie and I looked on Amazon at a few other ones and as far as I can tell every other harness has the same wires in the same spots as mine... am I just going to have to move the pin for my remote turn on to the spot it is to line up with my car harness? But even then I still have 3 or 4 other wires that I don't have coming from the car to connect...
I really appreciate any help with this I'm pretty pissed off, I was all excited to get this head unit in I've had for 2 weeks now and get everything somewhat started.
I attached a picture of both harnesses connected so you can sorta see the difference in wires etc.
Thank you guys.

Attachments

• 20221113_141227.jpg
    20221113_141227.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 20
That would be fine with me but I need my remote turn on for amps and a voltage meter, the remote turn on is in a completely different spot on the car harness than it is on the aftermarket one. The one coming out of the car harness goes to nothing on the aftermarket one... should I just move the aftermarket one or what? Not sure if that's the only one but it's the main one I was worried about.

That would be fine with me but I need my remote turn on for amps and a voltage meter, the remote turn on is in a completely different spot on the car harness than it is on the aftermarket one. The one coming out of the car harness goes to nothing on the aftermarket one... should I just move the aftermarket one or what? Not sure if that's the only one but it's the main one I was worried about.

I think you'll need to run a remote on line. At the same time I would run a ground from the HU to the amp to avoid ground loops.

You factory system doesn't need a remote on. That wire splits off from the headunit to go to the amps.

Those harnesses are used for a multitude of cars with different options. Your car obviously didn't come with a premium sound system with a built in amp so you don't need the remote on tied to the factory harness

You factory system doesn't need a remote on. That wire splits off from the headunit to go to the amps.

Those harnesses are used for a multitude of cars with different options. Your car obviously didn't come with a premium sound system with a built in amp so you don't need the remote on tied to the factory harness
Thank you bro this was what I was looking for. Once again you saved the day. My main question is now, I have a remote turn on from the aftermarket harness, the blue with white stripe, I was planning to splice that into the head unit harness obviously then my remote turn on wires for my amp and a voltage meter, am I correct in thinking the head unit itself sends the signal out from its wire harness to those wires so it doesn't need a remote turn on wire coming from the factory car harness? So I wouldn't even need to splice the blue and white wire coming from the aftermarket harness to the other end of the remote turn on wire going to the aftermarket harness right because there is nothing on the other end of the factory harness where that wire is. Hopefully I was able to ask that not to confusing lol. I'm just mainly worried about how the remote turn on wire is going to get power when there is no wire going into it from the factory harness.

Thank you bro this was what I was looking for. Once again you saved the day. My main question is now, I have a remote turn on from the aftermarket harness, the blue with white stripe, I was planning to splice that into the head unit harness obviously then my remote turn on wires for my amp and a voltage meter, am I correct in thinking the head unit itself sends the signal out from its wire harness to those wires so it doesn't need a remote turn on wire coming from the factory car harness? So I wouldn't even need to splice the blue and white wire coming from the aftermarket harness to the other end of the remote turn on wire going to the aftermarket harness right because there is nothing on the other end of the factory harness where that wire is. Hopefully I was able to ask that not to confusing lol. I'm just mainly worried about how the remote turn on wire is going to get power when there is no wire going into it from the factory harness.
You are correct the blue, blue/white wires only need to go to the amps. Blue white is usually to turn on retractable radio antenna so it may only activate with the am/FM radio where as solid blue is on when the radio is on unless you turn it off in the settings.

Some radios the blue, blue/white are one and the same

You are correct the blue, blue/white wires only need to go to the amps. Blue white is usually to turn on retractable radio antenna so it may only activate with the am/FM radio where as solid blue is on when the radio is on unless you turn it off in the settings.

Some radios the blue, blue/white are one and the same
You're the man. Give me your number so I can just call you the next time I have a question instead of having to make a post here. Lol. Thank you again man. Guess I'll get back to this again next weekend now that the harness is apparently fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...