Please help! Head unit problem.

Chase29

Please help me. I am installing a new head unit into my 2001 dodge dakota, but am getting no power through the accesory power wire. The previous owner had both the battery and accesory wires from the head unit going to the battery wire in the truck. (See pic) Are there any problems that could be caused by doing it this way besides the head unit draing the battery if i dont turn it off? Any help would be appreciated. FullSizeRender.jpg

i dont think pic is showing up but the yellow battery wire has a fuse and is then connected to the red accessory wire which are then connected to just the yellow battery wire in The trucks harness. Hopefully you understand what im trying to explain.

No. You just need to tap into a keyed 12 volt source, whether it's an unused outlet on fuse box, or the cigarette lighter wire, or some other switched wire. Very easy to do since you have a dmm.

No. You just need to tap into a keyed 12 volt source, whether it's an unused outlet on fuse box, or the cigarette lighter wire, or some other switched wire. Very easy to do since you have a dmm.
Ok thanks ill give it a try this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.