Planning electrical for upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm currently running two runs of 2/0 for my primary power to sub amps. 247 amp (test out put) Mechman alt. The Yinlong LTOs are a great option for a lithium battery build. Great data coming out on them. Don't forget 3V 3000f capacitor banks as another option. XS power, Maxwell, and Tecate have them available. 12 caps give you up to 10K watts power demand coverage.

What I did was start with the bare minimum needed which was big 3, all 1/0 wire and the extra battery. If that isn't enough then add ho alternator, cap bank etc and save some money by not buying things you don't need right away.

The minute I see my voltage drop below 13.5v I'm buying the heart of the electrical system a HO alternator

What I did was start with the bare minimum needed which was big 3, all 1/0 wire and the extra battery. If that isn't enough then add ho alternator, cap bank etc and save some money by not buying things you don't need right away.

The minute I see my voltage drop below 13.5v I'm buying the heart of the electrical system a HO alternator
I'm just getting back into this after 25 years. LOL The alternator definitely help me out big time. Night and day difference. IDK what vehicle you have, but if it's a late model Toyota they come stock with a hairpin style alt. If you do have a stock hairpin, you can mod it yourself for less money than buying a built one.

My concern would be having to depend on lithium to start my car.
MANY of us have been using Lithium alone for a while now. NO issues. Most start better with lithium, as it has a way better discharge and burst rate than a typical AGM battery.
And once again, if using LTO lithium, it WILL NOT combust, or go up in flames due to a bad/vented cell.
I would personally NEVER use an 18650 cell in my vehicle ... They do/will combust/vent violently without a doubt ....

MANY of us have been using Lithium alone for a while now. NO issues. Most start better with lithium, as it has a way better discharge and burst rate than a typical AGM battery.
And once again, if using LTO lithium, it WILL NOT combust, or go up in flames due to a bad/vented cell.
I would personally NEVER use an 18650 cell in my vehicle ... They do/will combust/vent violently without a doubt ....

I didn't say it would go up in flames.

You got me rethinking my 18650 and 20700 vape batteries now though lol. I didn't even know but I use lithium daily :ROFLMAO:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.