pioneer vs. alpine

No, no... The problem is that I'm sober, and this thread was filled with phale before I got here.

And Alpine HU's blow compared to equally priced Pioneer units.
I hear ya, I guess thats what my issue was with them too. I was expecting more from them since so many people said they were the sh!$

sound quality is apparently better in the alpines though
yeah, but their tuners aren't as strong. it's the little things that have me on the wall. if their eq's were better and the tuner was decent it wouldn't be an issue, I would get the alpine. But nooooo, alpine had to piss me off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

For sounds quality Alpine and Pioneer are very similar.

But when it comes to build quality, Alpine>>>>>>>>>>>Pioneer

Guaranteed after a year there will be some kind of functionality problem with the Pioneer.

^^^^ agree with you I had a pioneer in a 96 honda civic bought brand new a year later the cd's would not eject properly. Alpine is a company you simply can not beat they are a very good quality company.

thats def one thing to look for in any hu,is how many options you have with the bass settings.i wouldnt own any radio with just bass and treble......what a waste.as you can see in my sig,my alpine is over 6 yrs old.the power button has a little of the writting coming off and the 4 green buttons are starting to dim a little with bass notes,thats it.its been a great hu and has been in 3 diff vehicles lol

i vote pioneer

I used to have a cat that liked to **** in the tub. I'm like, "Hey you bastard, quit shitting in the tub!"
****** cause you don't know how many times I went to go take a shower in the morning... turn on the shower and it starts making **** scented steam...

Oh my god it was bad.
my wife had a cat that did that, the **** cat box was like 4 feet away, i actually hopped in it one morning without looking one morning cause i was behind schedule, never made that mistake again

Guaranteed after a year there will be some kind of functionality problem with the Pioneer.
Thakyou, this is the kind of info that I need. I'm a dissapointed with a lack of some of the built in tuning features on the cda-9886 but build quality is more im portant.

it really boils down to how you take care of ur equipment,not playing cd's that are scratched to h*ll,only put in clean cd's.i did have a pioneer before my alpine.i owned it for 3 yrs and never had a problem with it.i just wanted to try alpine.i can tell you that a 4 volt alpine as more bumpity bump bump

I've worn myself out trying to decide between the cda-9886 and the deh-p700bt,

so I'm going with a kenwood kc-x692 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Lies. I've had my DEH-680 for two years, and no problems other than when I pulled the RCAs out while it was on (never do that to a Pioneer) and had to ground the RCAs cause of engine noise. Of course, everyone knows Pioneer is bad about RCA grounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.