Pioneer deh-x9600bt or Alpine cde-178bt and why?

Participant count
  • Participant list

markosg9ll

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cyprus
First of all, I like 1Din, i don't like the latest releases, i prefer older models. I'll use the unit to play through USB only, no Bluetooth. Are both equally good or is one much better than the other?

inCollage_20230818_230604225.jpg

Yep, from the 2 I'm thinking of buying. They are equally good? or is one trash, i don't want to waste money
My Honest opinion??? Id stay away from Pioneer HUs.. They have gone down hill the past few years. Pico Fuse issues if swapping RCAs with HU on blows that internal fuse. I havent heard of any improvements to fix that issue? Alpine?? Still make some of the best HUs on the market. Kenwoods are also some of my favorites. They bought out JVC a few years backs. I like my Kenwoods/JVC units. Bee sure that the one you choose has at the least 4v RCA out x 6 ch (front,Rear,Subwoofer)with at least high pass/Lowpass adjustments for future expansion/ adding amplifiers.. T/Alignment is up to you. I have units with it and really dont use that feature very much, but nice to have. Sony has some newer units and making a nice come back and some come with a 3 yr warranty. i would buy from Crutchfield or Sonic Electronix as they will include vehicle specific wiring harness, dash kit, and antenna adapter usually.

I like to try and find an HU with a cooling fan on the back if I can with the features id like, But.. Sometimes Ill settle for the features, of which I try to keep as simplistic as possible

My Honest opinion??? Id stay away from Pioneer HUs.. They have gone down hill the past few years. Pico Fuse issues if swapping RCAs with HU on blows that internal fuse. I havent heard of any improvements to fix that issue? Alpine?? Still make some of the best HUs on the market. Kenwoods are also some of my favorites. They bought out JVC a few years backs. I like my Kenwoods/JVC units. Bee sure that the one you choose has at the least 4v RCA out x 6 ch (front,Rear,Subwoofer)with at least high pass/Lowpass adjustments for future expansion/ adding amplifiers.. T/Alignment is up to you. I have units with it and really dont use that feature very much, but nice to have. Sony has some newer units and making a nice come back and some come with a 3 yr warranty. i would buy from Crutchfield or Sonic Electronix as they will include vehicle specific wiring harness, dash kit, and antenna adapter usually.
I listed these 2 because the pioneer also has 4v and 6ch. They are the same price in my country. The specs look good? difference with alpine is 9 band eq vs 5 band

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...