Pioneer Premier subs and hk2000d amp- Good deal?

NY-KiD
10+ year member

This guys selling two pioneer premier champion series subs (1000 rms each) with box for 250$ and a MA Audio hk2000d amp for 230$. The amp does 1800 rms at 17 volts which is probably impossible, so lets take 1500 rms at 1 ohm (14.4 volts) into consideration. The guy said his system is 3 months old and he has reciepts to prove it.

Now heres my situation....I have two rockford p3's in a ported box and one of them is blown. Along with them I have a Rockford P8002 amp (400x2 RMS @ 2 ohms or

800x1 RMS @ 4 ohms) which is broken too but thankfully I got it from best buy and I have service plan so its been sent out for a repair.

I'm wondering first of all if that deal about premier subs any good? My friend has one of those subs and it sounds nice. I dont believe the p8002 amp will be really compatible with the pioneer subs. So I could either buy the setup from that guy or get two brand new premier subs (110$ each on ebay) and use my ported box that I already have. Once I get the p8002 back from best buy I could possible sell it and get another amp to power the premiers, or maybe just get the hk2000d amp from that guy or hifonics bxi2008d for 300$. Please give me some suggestions. thanks

i would offer him less then 250 for them. they are decent subs. my friend is running 4 off a hk4000 and they are taking it.

when i used Pioneer subs they got loud of little power.

PORT THEM

I decided to go for new subs since they are only 110 a piece. Im confused though, should I get 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub? they are both dvc. I'm going to get a Hifonics bxi2008d amp to power them, 2000 rms at 1 ohm. I believe I can wire the two 2 ohm subs in parallel and present a 1 ohm load to the amp. If so, then the 2 ohm subs would suit me better right?

You would want 2 DVC 4ohm subs for your 1ohm load.

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Those Pioneer subs, the 1000rms ones are real nice! Buddy has two of them off a 200dhc MMats amp and it is very loud..........and clean.

They love ported boxes if you have the room.

I have just the 400rms ones and they get loud off 1000rms Autotek amp. I was on an uber budget or would have gotten the 1000rms ones.

i had the premiers they only do WELL with only 1,000 WATTs anything about 1,000 and they play,respond, and sound like ****!
What do you mean? Are they bad if you feed them over 1000 rms or better? I'm talking about two of them ofcoarse. I just ordered hifonics bxi2008d, 2000 rms at 1 ohm. You think that will push em good?

What do you mean? Are they bad if you feed them over 1000 rms or better? I'm talking about two of them ofcoarse. I just ordered hifonics bxi2008d, 2000 rms at 1 ohm. You think that will push em good?
that amp should be fine. watch your gains.

i had the premiers they only do WELL with only 1,000 WATTs anything about 1,000 and they play,respond, and sound like ****!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

You should be very happy with that setup, especially if this is your first system. I'm running a similar setup.

However, if you don't have the room to port them, don't get these subs! They will disappoint in a sealed enclosure.

Its my second setup. I had rockford p3's before, one of em is blown. I never really liked them sound too shitty just little bumps n rattling thats all. and yeah I do have a ported box so I think i should be fine.

Its my second setup. I had rockford p3's before, one of em is blown. I never really liked them sound too shitty just little bumps n rattling thats all. and yeah I do have a ported box so I think i should be fine.
no pre-fab

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.