Pioneer GM series opinions

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
I'm looking for relatively small class D amps (12x8x3) to fit under the seat of my Jeep WJ that push at least 1000w (ideally 1500) rms for my Fi SSD. I was pretty much set on the soundstream stealth 1200D, but I just stumbled upon the pioneer gm series (I'd be getting the D9601) and was wondering if anybody uses and likes it.

Also would the soundstream be a better amp? I'm kinda clueless here.

And is this ab phantom legit? If it is would it be a better choice? Thanks Amazon.com: American Bass PH-2500 MD Phantom Series Mini Class D Mono Block Amplifier: Car Electronics

That pioneer is only a 500-600 watt amp.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

That AB will do 1000 if the voltage stays above 14

That pioneer is only a 500-600 watt amp. 

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

That AB will do 1000 if the voltage stays above 14
****. Glad i didnt buy it then. Would the soundstream be a better choice since i'll be running 4 gauge off stock electrical?

The pioneer will do thy it's rated for and not much else . The soundstream is junk and that ab is only good for 1200w. A good choice would be the ab vfl80.1 or mini vfl2240 the full size vfl100.1 would be a good match up but it's more expensive.

The pioneer will do thy it's rated for and not much else . The soundstream is junk and that ab is only good for 1200w. A good choice would be the ab vfl80.1 or mini vfl2240 the full size vfl100.1 would be a good match up but it's more expensive.
That Pioneer is rated at "max" look up the specs on sonic

The 9601 is rated at 1200 @ 1ohm, which is does produce. We've used a couple of them with the Pioneer Champion Series Pro 12" for a few budget systems.

says the person who couldn't even read the specs :-\

it was scoped and metered, next time we get one in, I'll post the pics for you, also have an AD-1 coming in so we'll do that too for you.

The 9601 is rated at 1200 @ 1ohm, which is does produce. We've used a couple of them with the Pioneer Champion Series Pro 12" for a few budget systems.
would you recommend it? I'm trying to keep my total budget under 700 and any amp above $200 puts me past my budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.