* Pioneer Engine Whine / Ground Loop Fix*

do NOT touch the RCA's on your pioneer with power to the unit. Period. Never have loose RCA's with the unit powered. Common sense will prevent this issue. My 880 does not have an issue with the whine, but my previous 4700MP did because I was stupid and hot-swapped the RCAs.

You're wrong...

The Micro-Resistors have been used on Pioneer units since I believe maybe '04 and on? I'm not really sure. They've been using them for a LONG time (considering how fast technology moves). It's on the board, it's not inline with the ACC wire. That would be silly.

And, you're one to talk, Seth. You don't really have amazing installs under your belt.
it's not on the board anymore.

grab a wireing harness for a 07 or newer pioneer headunit. hummm whats in that little black caseing on the red wire before it turns to red/white?? oh shiit it's a pico fuse!!!

i have too many under my belt actually. i'll have to gather all my pics of custom install's i have done. just to shut you the **** up.

Stickey???
i must get your e-mail address! don't know if there is a way to send personal messages on here. i have a deh-p80mp. i get alternator noise when i turn my unit on auxiliary. that is the only setting it happens on. and it comes through the left speakers. front and back. no amps. speakers are being ran right off hu. is there a chance i have a bad internal ground fuse or something?? can i try a ground loop to solve this? if so how. thank you in advance. i really hope this message reaches you.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help! I had my installer try this trick out to get rid of the noise I was hearing come from my pioneer 5900dvd player! I and to his and mine own suprise it worked like a charm! Thanks again!

Also the other thread on here that does another form of this trick doesn't look as good!

Tried this when I started getting alt whine with my DEH-P4800MP. Worked like a charm, didn't even have to pull my RCA's out of my dash, did most of it sitting in my driver's seat. Thanks for the how-to.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help! I had my installer try this trick out to get rid of the noise I was hearing come from my pioneer 5900dvd player! I and to his and mine own suprise it worked like a charm! Thanks again!
Also the other thread on here that does another form of this trick doesn't look as good!
Tried this when I started getting alt whine with my DEH-P4800MP. Worked like a charm, didn't even have to pull my RCA's out of my dash, did most of it sitting in my driver's seat. Thanks for the how-to.
thats what im here for! thanks guys

sure wish i had known about this problem before i bought another pioneer unit. i had some pioneer i bought in 02 for 6 years and i loved it. i actually think i had a little engine whine problem with that one after a while. probably unplugged the RCAs with juice still hooked up haha. i couldnt hear it unless the music was playing so i didnt do anything about it. but im going to be more careful with this new one. thanks for the photos and if you or anyone else knows of any other issues to look out for with pioneer, please let me know!

glad i found this thread. i just installed my new 4 channel last night and now have this problem. and its annoying as hell!!!!! defintely going to try this to see if will correct. else i'm unhooking 4 channel and using no music at all. i tried 3 ground loop isolators last night (one on front/rear/sub rca's) and didnt work like i'd hoped.

when i was installing professionally at best buy i ran into this issue on my vehicle and it was my fault for hot swapping lesson learned.

what i did at that time and this was around 2004 was used rca y adapter and plugged the front right into the y adapter and then soldered a 20 gauge wire to the outside of the rca and ran the wire back to the screw on the deck. it took care of most of the whine but i still had to run a dedicated ground and use a ground loop isolator.

i like this idea better where we do not use the y adapter and go direct from rca to head unit and will give this a shot on my new car i have a deh-880prs and still having some whine.

i do not think it is the pico fuse since i have not ran a dedicated ground i will do that before i ground the rca and see if it resolves the issue.

I hate my dash it takes 4 midgets and a wrecking bar to get my deck to fit back in right, but I'm going to give the deck ground a shot first. Is it possible to "test ground" from the rcas on the amp end before I start the process of taking my dash apart ?

This is getting lame with my stereo. I've grounded the RCAs to the HU chassis, then from there to the stock ground, and my own chassis ground that had extremely low resistance back to the front battery. Noise is still there... what am I missing? The amp grounds have been switched up and around multiple times to no avail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.