Pioneer DEH-P9600MP

-"CD signal-to-noise ratio 99 dB" doesn't have a the greatest stn ratio, but pioneers highest that I've seen on crutchfield is 100. the highest on there is 120, lowest...like 89? So its somewhere in the middle.

-Has a 4v pre out, so it does have a resistance to noise in the wires...hmm...

-Has"» Auto EQ (uses an included microphone and 13-band equalizer to fit the sound to your vehicle's acoustics)"

which sounds really cool if it works, or just a crap feature.

-The display features are good, multiple colors?

Well its packed with a bunch of features, but it doesn't have a really good quality for that price, but it isn't bad. If you like MP3 disk, it gots that covered, but the compressed quality of your MP3 and the stn ratio doesn't help however the 13 band auto EQ, and 5 band ez eq should help.

That thing turns up the volume if there is changes in road noise (ie theres more...)

I dunno, it isn't all that bad, but for that price I would imagine better sound quality.

If what you want are features and a shinny display go ahead and get it.

-"CD signal-to-noise ratio 99 dB" doesn't have a the greatest stn ratio, but pioneers highest that I've seen on crutchfield is 100. the highest on there is 120, lowest...like 89? So its somewhere in the middle.-Has a 4v pre out, so it does have a resistance to noise in the wires...hmm...

-Has"» Auto EQ (uses an included microphone and 13-band equalizer to fit the sound to your vehicle's acoustics)"

which sounds really cool if it works, or just a crap feature.

-The display features are good, multiple colors?

Well its packed with a bunch of features, but it doesn't have a really good quality for that price, but it isn't bad. If you like MP3 disk, it gots that covered, but the compressed quality of your MP3 and the stn ratio doesn't help however the 13 band auto EQ, and 5 band ez eq should help.

That thing turns up the volume if there is changes in road noise (ie theres more...)

I dunno, it isn't all that bad, but for that price I would imagine better sound quality.

If what you want are features and a shinny display go ahead and get it.
actually the pioneer has excellent sq. you also forgot to mention pioneer's 24 bit D/A converter compared to other companies, like alpines, 1 bit. 100 db s/n ratio is not bad. also if you get the 860 you get 6.5 volt preouts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

phsballin4life

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
phsballin4life
sc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date