Pioneer Customer Service is Terrible

Nope, just like to tinker! I found a compiler online that did 99% of the work for me. I just had to find the right tool which took forever
can you give a few deets about what you ended up doing? Did you mount an .img file on to a flash drive or something?

can you give a few deets about what you ended up doing? Did you mount an .img file on to a flash drive or something?
Yeah there was an image and a couple scripts. There's a really obscure website called jenkins and I cant find the link If i do Ill post it. but it compiled a script to turn my flashdrive into a test key so when the radio booted up it went to the BIOS that a technician would see and I did a hard wipe.

Yeah there was an image and a couple scripts. There's a really obscure website called jenkins and I cant find the link If i do Ill post it. but it compiled a script to turn my flashdrive into a test key so when the radio booted up it went to the BIOS that a technician would see and I did a hard wipe.
thats kinda what i figured ya did. Right on. Thatll help if anyone gets silly errrors on their decks in the future and need to make it factory stock again

So I have a AVH-4200NEX that came in my car when I got it used. Super nice head unit. When I disconnected the battery and connected it later, it wanted the previous owners password. So I call pioneer wanting to handle things the right way since I bought the car from a dealer. This man with a heavy accent picks of the phone and is totally rude to me and has an attitude while telling me I was screwed and would have to spend a minimum of 80 dollars with pioneer, pay shipping, and wait a MINIMUM of 3 weeks to get my unit wiped. No. So I built a script and cracked the security within 5 minutes for free with my computer and a flash drive. Screw Pioneer. Good product terrible service.
I think the idea is you're supposed to buy them from an authorized retailer that gives you support. Pioneer hasn't been a direct to the consumer company like ever.

[emoji23]?[emoji23]?[emoji23][emoji23]?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]!!!!!

Dont take credit like you are some awesome hacker/"tinkerer"..

You booted your radio into testmode and did a factory reset.

You didnt script a thing lame, these radios cant even read normal code, its written in microcode which you will not find a compiler for..

[emoji38] bruh you gave me a good laugh tho

https://jenkins.adamoutler.com/job/Customize%20BSP/build?delay=0sec

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yeah plus the story dont add up when he says it wipes it , but he knows the original code now. so did you learn the code or did it wipe it and reset it?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]!!!!!
Dont take credit like you are some awesome hacker/"tinkerer"..

You booted your radio into testmode and did a factory reset.

You didnt script a thing lame, these radios cant even read normal code, its written in microcode which you will not find a compiler for..

[emoji38] bruh you gave me a good laugh tho

https://jenkins.adamoutler.com/job/Customize%20BSP/build?delay=0sec

I totally said that I used an online compiler lmao even said it was Jenkins. I didn't take credit. Read the whole thread please

and did his "script" crack the security in 5 minutes like he said, or did it boot and get reset?
Coding is not my thing. I literally said Jenkins did 99% of the work. I like tinkering with electronics and using my resources. Use all the context please.

Before all anyone else comments "calling me out" I never claimed to have written anything myself. I gave the credit to Jenkins. I am no master hacker or software guru. I used the resources available to me to modify something I had and fix an issue. In my mind that constitutes tinkering. This quote from myself earlier in the thread shows that. I never hid the fact I used Jenkins to make the script. In my mind, anything to bypass security without needing to provide the original password or credentials would be considered a crack. I am sorry if my definition of the word does not line up with your own.

So I have a AVH-4200NEX that came in my car when I got it used. Super nice head unit. When I disconnected the battery and connected it later, it wanted the previous owners password. So I call pioneer wanting to handle things the right way since I bought the car from a dealer. This man with a heavy accent picks of the phone and is totally rude to me and has an attitude while telling me I was screwed and would have to spend a minimum of 80 dollars with pioneer, pay shipping, and wait a MINIMUM of 3 weeks to get my unit wiped. No. So I built a script and cracked the security within 5 minutes for free with my computer and a flash drive. Screw Pioneer. Good product terrible service.
Alright here we go for this circus of tears..

"So i built a script and cracked the security within 5 minutes for free with my computer"

Lets analyze this, so you built a script and cracked the headunit with your own computer.

Wow bro you are awesome...

This one offers help without reading..

I said in the OP that I unlocked it by myself in less than 5 minutes with a couple scripts. The point was it was so easy to do but Pioneer wanted so much to do it
Ok ok ok... so you unlocked it yourself with a couple scripts...

That you built..

On your computer...

Ha, my bad. Just quickly read it and didn't catch that part, long day. I stopped after the statement of being screwed. Glad to see you you were able to write a script for it, wish I understood that kind of stuff.
Bruh he believes wihout a doubt you wrote the script!!!

Nope, just like to tinker! I found a compiler online that did 99% of the work for me. I just had to find the right tool which took forever
Lol ok so now you are questioned on your ability to write code and crack lmao..

So you finally admit it after so many posts..

Now you mention this so called jenkins, but cant find the link... like browsers dont have history nowadays.. gosh darnit..

Let me explain this to you, that site you went to is a generator that zips up premade scripts and binaries to place on a usb.

Jenkins server is a build server not a website..

Avic forums is where the owner of the code resides.

a more accurate description than "i used an online compiler to make 2 scripts that i used my computer and a usb key to crack the password" would be "I used a website that makes a usb image to boot and reset the head unit"

a more accurate description than "i used an online compiler to make 2 scripts that i used my computer and a usb key to crack the password" would be "I used a website that makes a usb image to boot and reset the head unit"
Well sorry I didn't word it that way. Never meant to mislead people. Was pretty forthcoming that I used the internet to build the script.

Alright here we go for this circus of tears..
"So i built a script and cracked the security within 5 minutes for free with my computer"

Lets analyze this, so you built a script and cracked the headunit with your own computer.

Wow bro you are awesome...

This one offers help without reading..

Ok ok ok... so you unlocked it yourself with a couple scripts...

That you built..

On your computer...

Bruh he believes wihout a doubt you wrote the script!!!

Lol ok so now you are questioned on your ability to write code and crack lmao..

So you finally admit it after so many posts..

Now you mention this so called jenkins, but cant find the link... like browsers dont have history nowadays.. gosh darnit..

Let me explain this to you, that site you went to is a generator that zips up premade scripts and binaries to place on a usb.

Jenkins server is a build server not a website..

Avic forums is where the owner of the code resides.

I'm pretty forthcoming with that I don't know much about software. I never told anyone I wrote the scripts by myself zero assistance and that I'm a hacking God. Simply not the case. The whole point of this post was to prove it could be done DIY quickly for free rather than 3 weeks plus 80 dollars to Pioneer. It was never meant to "flaunt" skills I don't have. I used the internet. Was pretty obvious about it. I didn't go into enormous detail in the beginning because that wasn't the point of the post. Seeing as the title is "Pioneer Customer Service is Terrible" I was just mad that I was able to accomplish it with any level of help for free. Also, was on the forums on a different computer at the time. So no, I didn't have Access to my history. Im not trying to manipulate or stretch the truth here. Don't blow it out of proportion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.