Sound processor/equalizer piggyback

I’d like to keep my factory radio on my 17 F 150, I’m not too familiar with add on equalizer as I’ve normally had pioneer headunits with 13 bands built in. I’ve come across a Lq1 and the JL fix 86. Maybe there are others someone can recommend or school me on.

I’d like to keep my factory radio on my 17 F 150, I’m not too familiar with add on equalizer as I’ve normally had pioneer headunits with 13 bands built in. I’ve come across a Lq1 and the JL fix 86. Maybe there are others someone can recommend or school me on.
I'd get a dsp instead. Most of anything audiocontrol is a waste of time by today's standards

I guess a brand new JL Audio Fix 86 at $289 is a deal you’d say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They only flatten the signal at a select volume. And offer a few presets. If you do the fix you will need the TwK after it and somebody that knows how to use it. And use it’s remote for volume.

They only flatten the signal at a select volume. And offer a few presets. If you do the fix you will need the TwK after it and somebody that knows how to use it. And use it’s remote for volume.
Oh man if I wasn’t gonna keep my factory radio I’d just get a good headunit with digital equalizer and crossovers. I’m not trying to spend almost $800 bucks on jl add ons. What do you recommend?

Oh man if I wasn’t gonna keep my factory radio I’d just get a good headunit with digital equalizer and crossovers. I’m not trying to spend almost $800 bucks on jl add ons. What do you recommend?

Hertz H8 with the DRC. Will have to use the DRC for volume. And again, somebody that knows how to use it. The H8 does what the fix and TwK does but better.

cheapest route is getting new head unit, installing it somewhere hidden, install your setup, tune it properly and then max out the volume and just rely on bluetooth on your phone for music or utilize several remote gain knobs. There is no cheap route for factory integration thats worth any time or money because all the cheap options give garbage results.

I had a Bit one in the last car. But it wasn’t a stock HU like I have now.

It’s a bit outdated by today’s standards. The H8 and nove are updated some. But you really can’t do much more now then 6 years ago.

How’s that working out?

With the ford factory navigation touchscreen being 8” diagonally, 7” wide with no bezel around edges like aftermarket 7” double din which have plastic trim along edges. Would 7” pioneer double din work or the alpine 8” diagonal which is 7” wide?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.