Pioneer 80prs is garbage.

i really enjoyed my eclipse head unit when i had it, i think im going to upgrade my alpine iva-205 to a eclipse double din when i get the money. i just love their units and features.

oh yea, and i LOVED my alpine 9887 when i had it too, great HU!

Grr, I did not want to hear this. Guess what HU I am still waiting on to arrive?

Also, I was riding passenger in a friend's Tahoe when his Pico fuse popped. Want to know what caused it? His faulty AC clutch that was cycling like a mofo. The shop that installed his HU didn't believe it either...

Uhm... yea. You should always have the battery disconnected when doing wiring.
lol to isntall a head unit..... iv installed lots of headunits the same way and never had the same issue. and with any other unit iv ever ran i could swap rcas without frying something internally.

My last 3 Kenwood's all developed some sort of internal issue after a year or so, caused horendous noise. The first one that went took down my tweets and 4" mids with it.

I hate on Pioneer all the time for the Pico. You know what's funny though? I used to run a high end Eclipse, had some engine noise. I swapped it for the Pioneer P1R, engine noise disappeared. Still doing fine to this day. But for the most part, Pioneer kinda sucks when it comes to making reliable headunits. I'll stick with Alpine/Eclipse/Clarion

MEH. that pico fuse does its job, vs having to replace the whole rca pre out board. I just had a pico fuse fixed on a deck I bought. and also had a workover on it to make sure all is well and it only cost $35. not too shabie eh....

Installed PRS80 about a month ago and it's working just fine. I do prefer the 880 though as it's a little more user friendly when setting things up...

Alpine has never given me issues. Granted, they offer fewer features for the same price... which should tell you something about how much money they spend making the Pioneer HU's.

you get what you pay for. $300 for a HU that should cost $900 means a lot of corners were cut. A good example is the Alpine PXA-H701. Awesome features, awful power supply and output section. Noisy, not in an alt-whine way, but in digital processing noise and general hiss. A poor-man's F#1. I sound better without the H701, despite losing the EQ and extra T/A channels. Course, I spent more time on speaker enclosure and acoustics - to fix what I didn't like with the install and not an EQ band-aid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.