Pioneer 80prs is garbage.

MEH. that pico fuse does its job, vs having to replace the whole rca pre out board. I just had a pico fuse fixed on a deck I bought. and also had a workover on it to make sure all is well and it only cost $35. not too shabie eh....
x 1million. you thinking from a consumer perspective and that is normal. Now look from pioneer's persective: whole boards for HUs are shorted out from stupid customers that plug/unplug rcas all crazy and leave bare rca ends to touch grounds and such. It is a SAFETY PRECAUtioN AND if you made it pop you could have just as easily shorted out your whole deck. I'm assuming they started this once they brought decks to Walmart since Pioneer knew more wannabe installers would be messing up their products. THE PICO IS A GOOD THING. it is annoying BUT SO WHAT? FIX AND KEEP SQING

Even if it was the Pico fuse, it blows due to an error on the installer. I've installed countless Pioneers over the years and have NEVER blown a pico fuse on a unit.

You know what else I hate about these headunits? How ******* slow the menu's are. I cant stand the menu lag, or navigating the menus at all.

Well I have the P9400BH. Same internals/software/ I assume menu wise as the 80prs and I ******* hate the menus compared to my old pioneers

Looks nice though.

DEH-P9400BH_angle1.jpg

I love pioneer decks. I have owned around five of them with the current being the 80prs and have only had the pico blow on one of them which happened to be the first deck I ever installed and bought (P8MP)

Well, I must correct my previous statement. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my Pioneer DEH-80PRS. After lots, and lots of troubleshooting, ALL noise issues point to the Alpine PDX V9. I swapped HUs, still had the hiss and turn on/off pop. I put a switch between the +12v and the remote turn-on lead, still had the pop with absolutely nothing else connected to the PDX V9 (Edit: except the speakers that is). Connected an iPod to the RCAs and as soon as it got a little signal, the amplifier began to hiss. Replaced the PDX V9 with a known working 4 channel Lunar L450, no more hiss or turn on pop. There is an ever so slight turn off click, but I think that is the HU shutting down before the amp.

I have to give credit where credit is due, the pico fuse didn't actually pop like I initially thought it had.

Well, I must correct my previous statement. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my Pioneer DEH-80PRS. After lots, and lots of troubleshooting, ALL noise issues point to the Alpine PDX V9. I swapped HUs, still had the hiss and turn on/off pop. I put a switch between the +12v and the remote turn-on lead, still had the pop with absolutely nothing else connected to the PDX V9 (Edit: except the speakers that is). Connected an iPod to the RCAs and as soon as it got a little signal, the amplifier began to hiss. Replaced the PDX V9 with a known working 4 channel Lunar L450, no more hiss or turn on pop. There is an ever so slight turn off click, but I think that is the HU shutting down before the amp.
I have to give credit where credit is due, the pico fuse didn't actually pop like I initially thought it had.
Wish I knew you had a V9, coulda told you to check that first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I am proud of you that you actually came on and admitted that it wasn't the radio. Most wouldn't.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but just in case not everybody knew, they did away with the pico fuse on the 80prs, instead they put a capacitor in line with the ground that would hopefully eliminate that horrid noise, yet still have the same effect as the fuse. It didn't work, it still has that noise, though it is far less than the normal pico sound. I took my unit apart this weekend and found this out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.