Pioneer 80prs is garbage.

Every Pioneer I have ever own has had engine noise... the cheap $40 dual decks from walmart doesn't even have engine noise. I threw out 5 pioneer decks about a year ago because of that... they was cheaper ones but, even the one high end one i've owned did the same thing.

ALL head units these days are cheaply made in China/Taiwan, and disposeable. I buy them with full intention that they'll be worthless in a year or less.

That being said, I've been doing Kenwoods for 4-5 years and just got into a Pioneer last fall and I'm really enjoying it.

ALL head units these days are cheaply made in China/Taiwan, and disposeable. I buy them with full intention that they'll be worthless in a year or less.
That being said, I've been doing Kenwoods for 4-5 years and just got into a Pioneer last fall and I'm really enjoying it.
I just switched to a kenwood excelon x995 after getting pissed off about the pico in my 880. Haven't had a chance to install it yet, but i bet the lack of alt whine will more than make up for any loss of sq.

my 80prs did the same thing, engine noise like a b1tch, so i sent it in for warranty. got my new one a month or so ago havent installed it yet but apparently you have to disconnect the battery to install it so you dont fry the headunit while hooking everything up. kinda of a crappy deal and is a joke. but the headunit is pretty sweet. if my new 80 has the same issue i wont ever run pioneer again.

my 80prs did the same thing, engine noise like a b1tch, so i sent it in for warranty. got my new one a month or so ago havent installed it yet but apparently you have to disconnect the battery to install it so you dont fry the headunit while hooking everything up. kinda of a crappy deal and is a joke. but the headunit is pretty sweet. if my new 80 has the same issue i wont ever run pioneer again.
Uhm... yea. You should always have the battery disconnected when doing wiring.

I never disconnect the batt when doing headunit installs, just unplug the harness and wire it up that way then plug it all in at once. With that being said, I've had this pioneer for months and I've pulled it out and switched around numerous plugs yada yada and don't have the slightest bit of engine noise...you're just doing it wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I knew I would catch some shiz for "doing it wrong," but IMO... Pioneer is doing it wrong.

I'm not a noob. I've never had engine noise problems. Other fantastic HU have no noise issues. And some of them happen to be competively priced. Pioneer is not the only dog in the fight with features and quality at this price point.

I knew I would catch some shiz for "doing it wrong," but IMO... Pioneer is doing it wrong.
I'm not a noob. I've never had engine noise problems. Other fantastic HU have no noise issues. And some of them happen to be competively priced. Pioneer is not the only dog in the fight with features and quality at this price point.
I agree with you. Why wouldn't they fix this issue since its been a common problem for them for years. They have to know about it but just don't give a fuck

No more Pioneer HU's for me now because of this. I do actually like them and they way they sound but they just seem to be way to temperamental

in this regard. My last Pioneer did this even with the harness disconnected!

Gave it to my pop's for his truck....sounds just fine on HU power though but don't try and use the RCA's...

Back to Alpine now and it will stay that way until Pioneer fixes this issue....this lame picco fuse is not needed....and IS a problem...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.