PG TI400.2, Orion 4002 or WHAT?!?!? Help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

linksyz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have ordered a Phoenix Gold TI400.2 amp on thezeb.com few days ago when it was back-ordered to find out from their email today that it is discontinued and they dont have anymore of them, so they recommended me Orion 4002. I will be powering my Focal 165K2Ps (100x2) off of that amp, and I need an amp that is $320 max. Do you guys have any suggestions please?

I think the Orion would be a great option,
bro i see that you have a lot of experience in car audio and that you recommended me orion. but i am really wondering would my focal 165k2ps maybe sound worse with orion 4002 than with phoenix gold ti400.2 (i heard all about its to3 thing). this is my first time buying car stereo and i really want my comps to sound nice since i ditched out **** 500 bux for them, and ill pay another 70 bux more for pg ti400.2 if itll make hearable difference that average person can hear over orion 4002.

what do you think? please help a confused newb out bro.. :\

crap my machine here at work just froze and I had this massive long reply, **** it, anyway, I was saying that I have messed with PG and Orion over the years, and both companies IMO make great products and have good history. I have always loved the quality of PG and their performance is always very good. Orion is the same way, I actually have an Orion amp sitting on my porch waiting for me to get home from the office, but I keep an eye on PG and Orion (along with many others) conversations on here and on many other boards, and for the most part people are very happy with both of them, the thing is that they are going to put out similar power and you will really not be able to tell the difference by ear, you have excellent speakers and it really comes down to is do you want a mean all black PG with nice controls, or a silver Orion with very similar controls, the power and SQ are going to be so close I think it comes down to looks and features and space, make sence?

crap my machine here at work just froze and I had this massive long reply, **** it, anyway, I was saying that I have messed with PG and Orion over the years, and both companies IMO make great products and have good history. I have always loved the quality of PG and their performance is always very good. Orion is the same way, I actually have an Orion amp sitting on my porch waiting for me to get home from the office, but I keep an eye on PG and Orion (along with many others) conversations on here and on many other boards, and for the most part people are very happy with both of them, the thing is that they are going to put out similar power and you will really not be able to tell the difference by ear, you have excellent speakers and it really comes down to is do you want a mean all black PG with nice controls, or a silver Orion with very similar controls, the power and SQ are going to be so close I think it comes down to looks and features and space, make sence?

bro thank you very much for this long ass reply (even after ur comp crashed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif ) I dont really care for the looks, and i have plenty of room in the trunk of my 626. When it comes to features, I don't really care since this is my first amp I'll ever own and I think I'll be happy with any features either one comes with. Since it doesnt matter power and SQ wise I e-mailed thezeb to give me Orion 4002. I'll just have to make sure to install the speakers good (seal the midrange good and point the tweeters to my ear, since i heard focals' tweeters dont have that good off-axis, thank you jmac for tellin me this). ill upload some pictures when i install my stuff. Also I think sound should be even better since I also ordered dynamat xtreme door kit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thank you once again bro, i appreciate it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.