Pdx-1.600 Vs. 500/1 Vs. Sx650.1

thanks for the help man, im going with the pdx i think, im glad too its so sexy

should be a decent substage IMO

next i need to work on my midbass, my MbQuarts arent doing what they should

thanks for the help man, im going with the pdx i think, im glad too its so sexyshould be a decent substage IMO

next i need to work on my midbass, my MbQuarts arent doing what they should
Throw up a new thread in the speakers section with size and budget and I'll shoot you some recommendations there, as well.

can't go wrong with the PDX. solid amp for sure. but for a w12gti, i would get the 1.1000

you can buy used and save money, like maybe buying mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

can't go wrong with the PDX. solid amp for sure. but for a w12gti, i would get the 1.1000
you can buy used and save money, like maybe buying mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Makes sense to me. You outta PM him with details, pics, and your asking price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i know that 1.1000 would be pretty much perfect for this sub....

maybe we can work something out

Deja: I think the problem lies more in my installation, becuase from what i can gather the mb quart pce-216's are pretty nice speakers.. i know i love the tweeters, and the 6.5's are moving good but its just not translating into any noticable midbass... i plan on doing my whole door frame up with some eDead, and im sure that will help a little

I want to fill my sound out a little better as well, would these help out, or is it jsut a waste of time

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=280-020

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=285-010

Any experience with midrange drivers?

Also, I have a tangbang 8" sealed at the passenger seat floor running as a temporary sub right now, would it be practical to use this for some added midbass, possibly messing with the crossovers to slim down its frequencies?

i know that 1.1000 would be pretty much perfect for this sub....

maybe we can work something out

Deja: I think the problem lies more in my installation, becuase from what i can gather the mb quart pce-216's are pretty nice speakers.. i know i love the tweeters, and the 6.5's are moving good but its just not translating into any noticable midbass... i plan on doing my whole door frame up with some eDead, and im sure that will help a little

I want to fill my sound out a little better as well, would these help out, or is it jsut a waste of time

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=280-020

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=285-010

Any experience with midrange drivers?

Also, I have a tangbang 8" sealed at the passenger seat floor running as a temporary sub right now, would it be practical to use this for some added midbass, possibly messing with the crossovers to slim down its frequencies?
If the PCE's aren't giving you the midbass you desire, then adding in a smaller midrange will certainly not help the cause.

Definitely see how the deadening helps. Seal up as much of the inner door panel as you can. If that still doesn't give you what you want, then it might be time to look at a different 6.5" component front stage that is known for providing decent midbass.

PG RSd65cs (110-150w rms per channel)

Pioneer TS-C720PRS (100-160w rms per channel)

As for the sub: no, it would not be practical to run it unto the upper midbass frequencies since it is solely designed to reproduce subbass frequencies.

ok thanks.

i didnt want the midrange drivers to fill out my midbass, just the overall sound and to possibly push my tweeters higher and 6.5s lower and let the midrange handle the midrange

i figured maybe the 6.5s would sound a little better if i let them handle only the lower frequencies

I wouldn't try to run my PDX at 3 ohms,the shop that I do business with ,reccomends that if you want to do 3 ohms go with the JL.02SENTRA ........................

I wouldn't try to run my PDX at 3 ohms,the shop that I do business with ,reccomends that if you want to do 3 ohms go with the JL.
02SENTRA ........................
Why not? What's the harm going to be? It puts out rated power at 2 to 4 ohms, not 2 or 4 ohms. The shop you do business with, let me guess, they are a JL dealer and have plenty of 3 Ohm W7's in stock ready to gouge, err, go.

hey ski, to answer your question about amps- kicker, alpine, and JL all make great amps. I particularly like Alpine amps because they are the cutting edge of car amp technology with the smallest form factor,highest efficiency, ability to put out max power at any ohms, which also makes them very expensive. If you have lots of space and lower budget, consider kicker amps. Everyone knows JL are overpriced and if you buy them off ebay for the lower price, they will be compromised because of the efforts to remove serial numbers since JL is very strict about online sales. so in your case....i would save up for the pdx 1000.1 which will be perfect for the w12gti. the pdx 600.1 will work but the pdx 1000.1 is a better match. May I ask how can you afford the w12gti since you can't afford to power it? nothing personal just wondering. on the midbass question- check out the JBL c608gti components. they have a 2 inch voice coil and can handle up to 600 watts per side.

yeah man i really want the W12GTI even though its slightly out of my budget, im trying to make the amp work, and im either going to save up for the 1.1000 or just go with a zx1000.1

the reason i can afford the W12GTI and not an amp is because im really using most of my budget on the sub alone

im going to deaden my doors and see if that helps, but those jbls look pretty nice thanks for the suggestions and advice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.