Passive Crossover wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

tewreckz
10+ year member

Pioneer TS-D1720C 6 3/4 speakers and crossover wiring.

Ok. I've read all the instructions and looked online. I think I'm missing something. There was no owners manual. Just instructions on the box. How do you hook up the crossover? The crossover has the following connections:

+- for Amplifier

+- for Woofer

+- for tweeter

Level Control -3db

I can't see how this hooks up to the cd deck. I'm using an amp (Pioneer GM5400t. 760watt 2 ch) and the amp has a an outlet for "Speaker Input" it also came with an an adapter for this "Speaker Input". What i'm thinking is the tweeter connects directly to the tweeter, the 6 3/4 speakers connect to the woofer and I connect the amplifier connection to the "Speaker Input" wires accordingly. So everything runs through the amp? What if I didn't want to use the amp? Any help is appreciated.

on the crossover:

AMP +- is the feed from the amp.

Woofer +- is the output from the crossover to the midwoofer

Tweeter +- is the output from the crossover to the tweeter

the speaker level input on your amp is for an instance where you don't have RCAs (factory HU perhaps). you would run your RCAs from the HU to the amp, then speaker wire from the amp to the crossover. then from the crossover to the components as labeled

The +- for Amplifier is your input terminals, either connect that directly to the speaker wire outputs from your deck or the output of your amplifier. The other two terminals connect to the woofer and tweeter (obviously?)

The +- for Amplifier is your input terminals, either connect that directly to the speaker wire outputs from your deck or the output of your amplifier. The other two terminals connect to the woofer and tweeter (obviously?)
Thank you for your help. So if i'm doing this right, the +- on the crossover can be used to directly connect to the amp or directly to the deck?

Thank you for your help. So if i'm doing this right, the +- on the crossover can be used to directly connect to the amp or directly to the deck?
If you are trying to use an amplifier, run speaker wire from the amplifier to the crossover. Then from the crossover to the mid-woofer and tweeter separately.

on the crossover:
AMP +- is the feed from the amp.

Woofer +- is the output from the crossover to the midwoofer

Tweeter +- is the output from the crossover to the tweeter

the speaker level input on your amp is for an instance where you don't have RCAs (factory HU perhaps). you would run your RCAs from the HU to the amp, then speaker wire from the amp to the crossover. then from the crossover to the components as labeled
^^

if no amp, then from HU speaker outputs to AMP inputs on crossover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.