Wiring power and Ground quick Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

soundnoob
10+ year member

Iv got a quick noob question about wiring does the ground wire have to be the same size as the power wire? my runs will only be about 6ft and i was looking at 6ft of 1 gauge power wire and then 4 gauge for the ground would that affect anything? also if i was to use OFC for the power and CCA for ground would that have any effect?

the set up it self is going to be a ed nine.5 and a 1500w inverter so the 1 gauge ofc up to a distro block with 150a fuse, then to 4 gauge to amp/inverter. Then the 4 gauge up to a ground distro to amp/inverter

that sound like it will work? or should i use 1 gauge ofc for both power and ground up to the distro's?

Test question for CA.com

Since current is defined as charge flow, which direction is current (charge flow) in a DC electrical system?

A. Positive to Negative

B. Negative to Positive

C. Neither, it is alternating

D. Not Sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.