Particle board for speaker rings....

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitemdx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SoCal
I am waiting for all my stuff to come in and purchasing the little stuff locally..Local home depot only have 4'x8' MDF boards and I don't need nearly that much. I building a fiberglass box for 1 12" AA arsenal and wondering if it will be fine if i used particle board for the front piece of the box and the rest will be fiberglass? Or other alternative type of woods beside MDF?

particle board is fine, it will soak up resin alot more than MDF actually //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For a speaker ring it's fine, but is a little harder to cut then mdf. my router zips through mdf, but drags on particle board.

I have a suggestion. Places like home depot and lowes, whatever else you have NORMALLY have MDF shelving which comes in different sizes. check that out, they have 3'x16", 16"x1', etc, check that out first, theyre like 3 bucks a sheet for that

particle board is probably more ideal anyways, lighter and absorbes resin better which is ideal for rings because you want to fuse the material to the rings unless your rabbetting the edges.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.