P770MP Dimmer problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

patjai

For those with this deck or another one with same option, my deck doesn't seem to dim at all when I turn my headlights on. I tried both options, Dimmer on and Dimmer off, but it doesn't seem to dim at all. Do you think I wired something incorrectly? I checked the manual, and it said the orange/white wire is connected to the lightning switch terminal. I am guessing this is where I screwed up. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and can confirm that this wire must be connected for dimmer to work.

This wire must be connected for the dimmer to work; otherwise the head unit has no way to tell if the headlights are on or off. There's usually an illumination wire connected to the factory head unit. Just find this wire and connect it to your head unit's orange/white.

If you have daytime running lights, however, you might find your head unit is dim all the time.

Thanks a lot! I have one more question about the display.

On the pioneer website:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_151934538,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

At the very top, the HU seem to display a different tone of blue, a deeper one. I tried to change the brightness level of mine from the lowest to the highest, 0-15, and I can't get my deck to look like that. It always display the color as the one shown in the bigger picture, the light blue I guess. I read through the manual, and apparently, there's only one settings for the display, the brightness... Sorry for my noobiness, but this is my first HU ever. Do you know a way to get the deeper color?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.