Overpaid for poor Installation (whatdo?)

Quit fighting over washing machines and furnaces - I'm getting rammed up the *** and I need your help. Here is what the owner of the company said when i asked for a full refund...
I just finished talking with our general manager, REDACTED, after his phone conversation with you. Unfortunately, we do not issue refunds, but instead work to resolve any issue to a customer's satisfaction. REDACTED and I agreed that we will do what is necessary, within reason, of course, to meet your expectations with the performance of this audio system, at no additional cost to you. That will likely mean upgrading some equipment and ensuring proper installation. If for some reason that does not achieve the desired result we will work out a different arrangement, such as an in-store credit. REDACTED will be in touch with you to get the matter resolved. Thank you.
Well, I hope they used ky jelly because it seems like you are **** out of luck. Just let them hook everything up to your standards and give you the appropriate equipment. Suing them won't yield the best results. Do you have a receipt? Read any fine print that you could use to help you get the most from these guys. Now you can either learn to do the install yourself or go start a relationship with people at another shop. Do what you feel comfortable.

Alright man, did you rebuild the motor or buy a new one?
just because you are confused doesn't mean i am not consistent.

technically, the blower motor bearings were going out (squeaking), so i bought a new motor...
...rebuilding the motor would consist of tearing it apart to replace bearings - something that isn't worth the effort when a new motor is only $130 and the motor is 30 years old...
...I bought a new motor because it wasn't worth replacing bearings in an old motor and yes, the newer motor is more efficient...

everything else was my attempt to help you understand that rebuilding a system is different than rebuilding components. a system is a combination of components. rebuilding a system can include replacing components with new - which is why i gave an example with a car engine. it's semantics, but important you understand the difference.

Well, I hope they used ky jelly because it seems like you are **** out of luck. Just let them hook everything up to your standards and give you the appropriate equipment. Suing them won't yield the best results. Do you have a receipt? Read any fine print that you could use to help you get the most from these guys. Now you can either learn to do the install yourself or go start a relationship with people at another shop. Do what you feel comfortable.
No receipt but I have all the gear and only gave them a $450 down payment. I already called the credit card company to put a notice on any other charges.

just because you are confused doesn't mean i am not consistent.

everything else was my attempt to help you understand that rebuilding a system is different than rebuilding components. a system is a combination of components. rebuilding a system can include replacing components with new - which is why i gave an example with a car engine. it's semantics, but important you understand the difference.
I'm not confused, and you still won't answer the question. Eveything you tell me from now on I know will be straight b.s.

No receipt but I have all the gear and only gave them a $450 down payment. I already called the credit card company to put a notice on any other charges.
It sounds like you paid for the install and equipment. Might as well let them do it. I know this will sound stupid, but if they are an actual business then atleast if your car catches fire you can get them to replace it, other wise you are s.o.l. on whatever you spent. If you could get the credit card company to refund you the money you spent with the installer that would be great but I doubt that's possible.

Got that part right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Quick update for those interested...They did step up to the plate and offer a full refund or I could let them fix it. I want to give them the opportunity to do it right as it's still the season for forgiveness and I would want a 2nd chance if it were me. I do take some fault for pushing them to get it done after the initial install date was rescheduled but ultimately it should have been done right to begin with. Anyway, the conversation I had with the GM was promising but i will let you know how it ends up. We are going to do the Hertz HSK165's the Bit Ten deadener and an amp and possibly a stealthbox.

Quick update for those interested...They did step up to the plate and offer a full refund or I could let them fix it. I want to give them the opportunity to do it right as it's still the season for forgiveness and I would want a 2nd chance if it were me. I do take some fault for pushing them to get it done after the initial install date was rescheduled but ultimately it should have been done right to begin with. Anyway, the conversation I had with the GM was promising but i will let you know how it ends up. We are going to do the Hertz HSK165's the Bit Ten deadener and an amp and possibly a stealthbox.
Good luck..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.